Windows 10: Can't connect 4TB Seagate External HD to Windows 10 HP Envy laptop

Discus and support Can't connect 4TB Seagate External HD to Windows 10 HP Envy laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I recently purchased an HP Envy x360 laptop and tried to connect my Seagate 4TB Hard Drive. While it connects and I can see that there's a drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nick Lesogor, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Can't connect 4TB Seagate External HD to Windows 10 HP Envy laptop

Hello! I recently purchased an HP Envy x360 laptop and tried to connect my Seagate 4TB Hard Drive. While it connects and I can see that there's a drive connected when I go into the drives menu, it doesn't list the name of the drive nor can I see what's inside it. All the laptop will tell me is that it's working fine. NOTE: This external hard drive has video files from a digital camera that I loaded onto my old mac computer and onto this hard drive. I don't remember if when I formatted the Seagate on my old Mac if I formatted it for both Mac and Windows operating systems.

ALL HELP IS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED!

Cheers,

Nick

:)

Nick Lesogor, Nov 16, 2019

2. HP ENVY m4 Windows 8 Laptop Available for Pre-Order

Officially announced one month ago, the Windows 8-running ENVY m4 14-inch laptop from HP can now be found on pre-order, priced at $829.99. The m4 is 1.1 inches thick and features an LED-backlit (1366 x 768) display, a 2.2 GHz Core i7-3632QM processor, Intel HD graphics, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB hard drive, and a DVD writer.

HP's notebook also has a media card reader, an HD webcam, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, two USB 3.0 ports, stereo speakers and a subwoofer, Beats Audio, an HDMI output, and a 6-cell battery. The ENVY m4 is listed here.

Can't connect 4TB Seagate External HD to Windows 10 HP Envy laptop hp_envy_m4_01_thm.jpg

Source: Laptoping

Cristian_25H, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Seagate External 4TB Hard Drive stopped working in Windows 10

Hello, my Seagate External 4TB Hard Drive has stopped working in Windows 10. It has been working fine for the past 6 months, and the other day after doing a reboot, it just stopped working. The hard drive and drive letter are showing up in explorer, however
    when you click on the icon, an error message comes up. Location in not available, F:/ accessible, Access denied. I have tried to update the Paragon Drivers from Seagate, but they aren't available for Windows yet?. I have connected the Hard Drive to a different
    laptop using Ubuntu Operating System, and all the files are there and accessible. any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Garry Brock, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Can't connect 4TB Seagate External HD to Windows 10 HP Envy laptop

Seagate external hd works fine w/ Win7 but not w/ Win10!

I have a Seagate external 4TB hd that works fine with win7 which recognizes it as 'Seagate expansion USB disk device'. However Win10 recognizes it as 'Seagate expansion SCSI disk device' & won't mount it either in 'This PC' or 'Computer Management' or anywhere
    else except that it does show in 'Device Manager' under 'Disk drives'. The device manager also shows, under 'Storage Controllers' a device, 'USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device', that only appears when this external hd is connected & goes away upon
    disconnect.

I've tried all the usual remedies. I really think this ext hd needs a different driver. Is it possible to use the Win7 driver?

thanks,

PhilPugliese, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect 4TB Seagate External HD to Windows 10 HP Envy laptop

1. Can't connect 4TB Seagate External HD to Windows 10 HP Envy laptop - Similar Threads - Can't connect 4TB

2. 4TB Seagate HHD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4TB Seagate HHD not showing: My PC was recently clean installed because i was stuck in an auto repair loop and now im trying to connect my 4TB Seagate HHD, however the drive isnt showing up in BIOS UEFI, Device manager or Disk management....
  3. 4TB Seagate HHD not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4TB Seagate HHD not showing: My PC was recently clean installed because i was stuck in an auto repair loop and now im trying to connect my 4TB Seagate HHD, however the drive isnt showing up in BIOS UEFI, Device manager or Disk management....
  4. 4TB Seagate HHD not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seagate 4TB backup HD seems dead

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Seagate 4TB backup HD seems dead: I had an external 4TB Seagate backup HD for 2 to 3 years now used solely for Macrium. Never had a problem with it. Now my PC won't reboot without me unplugging that HD. It won't even show up in Explorer, or the 'safely remove' desktop icon. That tended to freeze if I clicked...
  6. hp envy laptop

hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  7. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  8. Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD

Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD: Hi I have been trying to plug and unplug the Seagate 4TB External HDD with my Mac Pro which run Windows and was unable to detect my HDD. what is the cause of the problem and how can I recover it? Anyone can help or advice what should I do? Thanks...
  9. HP Envy 5034 will not connect to my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Envy 5034 will not connect to my laptop: Have posted this problem before with the Microsoft community who have been so helpful. After Windows 10 did a R efresh update my HP Envy became an app and the printer details showed the connect and driver faded out. Charley in particular tried to help me but had to contact...
  10. My 4TB Seagate External Harddrive won't appear, but Windows 10 recognizes it and says that...

My 4TB Seagate External Harddrive won't appear, but Windows 10 recognizes it and says that...: I have had this drive for 8 weeks and only now have I had a problem with it. It will not notify me when the drive has been plugged in, but in the Disk Management it reads "Active". And it will also not appear in the Storage Settings as well, so I can't figure out what is...