Windows 10: Can’t connect a closed network

Discus and support Can’t connect a closed network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to setup a closed network of 4 computers. One of the computers is setup as a shared folder and the other 3 connect to a DB in the shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EJ7875, Jun 13, 2021.

1. EJ7875 Win User

Can’t connect a closed network

I am trying to setup a closed network of 4 computers. One of the computers is setup as a shared folder and the other 3 connect to a DB in the shared folder.In December 2020 this situation worked without any issues.BUTEarlier this week I set it up again, and updated all of the computers to the latest Windows updates.I have all of the computers set to a private network. They are connected by network cable to a small Netgear router for DNS only. There is NO CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET as for my situation it is not needed.I have turned off the firewalls on all 4 computers, I have verified the

:)

EJ7875, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Can’t connect a closed network

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Can’t connect a closed network

1. Can’t connect a closed network - Similar Threads - Can’t connect closed

2. Can’t connect to this network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to this network: Since the recent Windows 10 updates none of my PCs have been able to connect to my iPhone mobile hotspot. -Yes, it worked fine before -Yes, I have been to many blogs and did all the steps with the Wi-Fi, the airplane mode, the device name change, the ON/OFF device reboot and...
  3. Can’t connect to this network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to this network: Since the recent Windows 10 updates none of my PCs have been able to connect to my iPhone mobile hotspot. -Yes, it worked fine before -Yes, I have been to many blogs and did all the steps with the Wi-Fi, the airplane mode, the device name change, the ON/OFF device reboot and...
  4. Can’t connect to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to a network: I opened up my computer to work on something and for some reason can’t connect to the network. I click on the network sign in the bottom right and the little network panel shows up, but its shortened, and only shows the Airplane Mode button greyed out with some text above...
  5. Can’t connect to this network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to this network: Hello, I’ve been battling with my PC running on windows 10 since Sunday till date. My PC keeps saying can’t connect to this network on my WiFi. I’ve done everything possible to make it work and the solutions were all temporary. I did network reset works for a limited time and...
  6. “Can’t connect to this network”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Can’t connect to this network”: Can someone plz help Me submitted by /u/SimbasReturn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj9l43/cant_connect_to_this_network/
  7. “Can’t connect to this network”?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Can’t connect to this network”?!: Okay, so i have an HP All-in-one PC with Windows 10. This computer isnt compatible with my 5Ghz internet, only 2.4 which is terrible, so, i bought a Realtek USB Wifi Adapter so i could use the 5Ghz internet. Everything was fine till one day it literaly stopped connecting to...
  8. “Can’t connect to this network”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Can’t connect to this network”: The WiFi connection I’ve been using for years on my windows laptop has suddenly stopped working & begun returning the above error without any further explanation. I’ve tried literally everything under the sun, rebooting from safe mode, uninstalling network drivers, wtf...
  9. “Can’t connect to this network”

“Can’t connect to this network”: I have just recently come upon a problem that has been bugging for about 2 weeks or so. I log on to my computer and everything works perfectly fine but then, a random spike of lag causes the internet on my computer to go out. Upon trying to reconnect to the network im...
  10. Can’t Connect to Network

Can’t Connect to Network: For a couple days I’ve been unable to connect my laptop to my home wifi. Every device but my pc can connect to the internet. The methods i’ve tried are: Turning the wifi on my pc on/off Airplane mode on/off Restarting my PC Shutting down my PC Uninstalling Network...