Windows 10: Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10

Discus and support Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected an semi-publicits an shop's wifi network a few hours ago. When i was using internet, Win10 gave me an notification as "this network is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Egehan S., Mar 24, 2020.

1. Egehan S. Win User

Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10

I connected an semi-publicits an shop's wifi network a few hours ago. When i was using internet, Win10 gave me an notification as "this network is not safe". After this notification, i googled "how can increase network security". An web page said, the source of this problem is WPA encryption protocol.

I changed some settings, which shown in same web page.

I follow this steps:

control panel > network and sharing center > wireless network connection status > wireless properties > security

and changed WPA to WAP2-Public and TKIP to AES.

After all this modifications, i tried reconnect to network. It didn't work. Also gave "Can't connect to this network" error.

How can i fix this problem?

:)

Egehan S., Mar 24, 2020

2. Connecting to WPA/WPA2-Enterprised network

I am trying to connect to my campus (Univ. of Texas, Austin) WiFi network which uses a WPA/WPA2 security using my Nokia N97 phone. The details of the network are as follows

Network Status: Public

WiFi network mode: Infrastructure

WiFi security mode: 802.1x

WiFi security settings

WPA/WPA2 - EAP

EAP Plug in settings: EAP-TTLS

Inside the EAP-TTLS settings my settings are as follows

Personal Certificate: Not Defined

Authority Certificate: Thawte Premium Server

User Name in Use: User defined

User name: anonymous

Realm in use: User Defined

Realm: restricted.utexas.edu

EAP : MSCHAPv2

I was able to connect to this network before doing a recent software upgrade on my phone software to version
    21.2.045 (the older software version was a version less than version 2). Since then,
    I am not able to edit the EAP-TTLS settings. Selecting the edit option in the EAP-TTLS settings returns me to the main menu of the device.

Kindly suggest a solution to this problem.

vickysekar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. sunray099 Win User
    Connecting to WPA/WPA2-Enterprised network

Hello Saataja - great explanations. I appreciate all your help.

I have a nokia e71 and get this authentication failure error when tried to connect my office network. My office has WPA enterprise security PEAP/MSCHAP2
    with no public certificate. I can connect my laptop by disabling the validate certificate in Vista. But, for some reason I cannot connect my phone. Please seee below are the configuration settings that i have. Please let me know if you see
    anything obvious that i can change and make the connection work.

Data Bearer: Wireless LAN

WLAN n/w name: SSIDname
    Network status: Hidden

Network Mode: Infrastructure

Security mode: WPA/WPA2
    -----
    Security Settings:
    WPA/WPA2: EAP

WPA2 Only Mode: Off
    ----
    EAP Plug In Settings:
    1. EAP-PEAP
    ----
    EAP-PEAP:
    Personal Certificate: Not Defined

Authority Certificate: None

Username in use: User Defined

Username: xxxx
    Realm in use: User Defined

Realm: blank

Allow PEAPv0: Yes

Allow PEAPv1: NO

Allow PEAPv2: NO
    ----
    EAPs:
    1:EAP-MSCHAPv2
    ----
    EAP-MSCHAPv2:
    Username: xxxx

Prompt password: NO

Password: xxxx
    cipher:
    I tried with all enabled as well as just enabling the ones with AES only.
    Please help!
    thank you in advance

sunray099, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10

Connecting to WPA/WPA2-Enterprised network

Hi,

I've configured my phone with both following configurations (at the end of the message)

However, it'll either returned EAP-TTLS <or> EAP-PEAP Authentication failure. And soemtimes, it'll return Network not found @_@ (I notice one strange thing, when I try to connect to the particular known network, the progress bar showing 'connecting via...'
    appears and the network list shown at the background is blank besides <Other (hidden netw.)>)

I called up IT and asked, they said they don't use any certificate. My Android/iPhone/Bleckberry friends are connected flawlessly (without any further config, or CA installation besides NT login). Please advise...

When you select the WPA/WPA2 EAP security mode on the phone it should automatically support both TKIP and AES encryption algorithms. You should however make sure that "WPA2 only mode" has not been mistakenly enabled because in order to allow WPA/WPA2 connections
    using TKIP encryption "WPA2 only mode" setting must be set "OFF".

Also note that in order to successfully authenticate using EAP-TTLS/MS-CHAPv2 you must have a valid "Authority Certificate" installed on the phone and defined in your Internet Access Point setting (specifically in EAP-TTLS plugin settings). Ask your network
    admininistrator which CA certificate you need to use on the phone for EAP-TTLS authentication.

my settings:

· WLAN security mode: WPA/WPA2

· WLAN security settings:

· WPA/WPA2: EAP

· EAP-PEAP settings:

o Personal Certificate: Not defined

o Authority Certificate: Not defined (This is where I read online, that PEAP needs a certificate to be connected; though I set it to Not defined, connecting to spark
    showing me EAP-PEAP authentication failure)

o User anme in use: User defined

o User name: aaa(this is my nt login)

o Realm in use: User defined

o Realm: <blank> (since we are using domain, not aaa@a)

o TLS privacy: off

o Allow PEAPv0: Yes

o Allow PEAPv1: Yes

o Allow PEAPv2: No

o EAP-MSCHAPv2:

§ User name: a\aaa

§ Prompt password: no

§ Passowrd: <NT Login Password>

o Cipher: RSA, AES, SHA

Besides the above-mentioned, I did try to use TTLS too:

· WLAN security mode: WPA/WPA2

· WLAN security settings:

· WPA/WPA2: EAP

· EAP-TTLS Settings:

o Personal Certificate: Not defined

o Authority Certificate: Not defined (same as above)

o User anme in use: User defined

o User name: aaa

o Realm in use: User defined

o Realm: <blank> (since we are using domain, not aaa@a)

o TLS Privacy

o EAP-MSCHAPv2:

§ User name: a\aaa

§ Prompt password: no

§ Passowrd: <NT Login Password>

unsparkable, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10

1. Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10 - Similar Threads - Can't Connect Network

2. unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network: Hi All I have a AMD Ryzen Laptop with an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter. It appears that I am unable to connect to WiFi networks secured with "WPA2-PSK AES" authentication. I am 99% certain the issue is not an adapter hardware fault, since:WPA3-PSK networks work fineOpen Wifi no...
  3. unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network: Hi All I have a AMD Ryzen Laptop with an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter. It appears that I am unable to connect to WiFi networks secured with "WPA2-PSK AES" authentication. I am 99% certain the issue is not an adapter hardware fault, since:WPA3-PSK networks work fineOpen Wifi no...
  4. Interpretation of WPA network result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interpretation of WPA network result: Hi all,I am concerned about my network results shown in WPA.Two questions:1 As you can see on attached screenshot, I send UDP packets to 128 tick game server with expected rate and I can assume that my NIC is working fine, but is it normal that I receive UDP packets with such...
  5. Interpretation of WPA network result

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Interpretation of WPA network result: Hi all,I am concerned about my network results shown in WPA.Two questions:1 As you can see on attached screenshot, I send UDP packets to 128 tick game server with expected rate and I can assume that my NIC is working fine, but is it normal that I receive UDP packets with such...
  6. Interpretation of WPA network result

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't connect to eduroam WPA2-Enterprise

Can't connect to eduroam WPA2-Enterprise: Hello, I'm having a problem connecting to eduroam WiFi access points set up on universities from around the world. It uses WPA2-Enterprise for security. Every time I try to connect, it tries for about a minute with the message "Checking network requirements..." then...
  8. "Can't connect to this network" with school WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi

"Can't connect to this network" with school WPA2-Enterprise Wi-Fi: Hello, I have a Lenovo Z400 Touch laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 last summer when it was released. Since the upgrade, I have been unable to connect to my school's secure network, which uses WPA-Enterprise with AES encryption and no certificate. Specifically, it...
  9. Security Question: Is WPA2/WPA Personal Secure?

Security Question: Is WPA2/WPA Personal Secure?: Hi all, Sorry to be asking such a basic question, but this is related to my network's security so I thought it was important enough to ask about. I just checked and my "Security Mode" is set to "WPA2 Personal". The WiFi Network is 2.4Ghz. Can someone please help...
  10. Can't connect to secure networks

Can't connect to secure networks: I just updated to Windows 10 and tried to connect to the internet using wifi. When I tried my secure connection I was using before the upgrade it told me I can't connect to the network.. but it allowed me to connect to an unsecured network with no problem. I did notice that...