Windows 10: Can't connect an external drive to my Surface Pro

Discus and support Can't connect an external drive to my Surface Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi - I have tried to follow the online support, uninstalling drivers etc but can't gain access into memory sticks or external drives through the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dazza595665, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Can't connect an external drive to my Surface Pro

Hi - I have tried to follow the online support, uninstalling drivers etc but can't gain access into memory sticks or external drives through the USB ports.

I have open the device manager and can see my WD External drive and in Disk Management its there but it won't open.

There are no MS updates outstanding either.

Please can you advise what I should do?!

Thanks

:)

Dazza595665, Nov 3, 2019
  2. pavan26 Win User

unable to detect external hard drive on surface pro

i bought my new surafce pro and tried connect WD external hard drive to it , but my surface is not detecting it

pavan26, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can't connect an external drive to my Surface Pro

Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Announcing availability of the Surface Connect to USB-C Adapter for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect an external drive to my Surface Pro

1. Can't connect an external drive to my Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Can't connect external

2. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  3. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  4. Can't sign in to my Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to my Surface Pro: Just got one for my birthday. It won't let me sign in. Beyond frustrated. I am using my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I only receive a message saying this account was not found in your organization. What organization? This is my email. I cannot even...
  5. Can't sign in to my Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to my Surface Pro: Just got one for my birthday. It won't let me sign in. Beyond frustrated. I am using my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I only receive a message saying this account was not found in your organization. What organization? This is my email. I cannot even...
  6. Can't sign in to my Surface Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Can't connect to my external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to my external hard drive.: Windows 10 Pro, Winver 1909OS Build 18363.959 When my Eternal Hard drive is plugged in none of my usb sticks can be detected, disk manager won't load, my computer wont restart, it gets stuck, if i try to enter chkdsk.exe /f /r into cmd the dialog stops at cannot lock...
  8. Program can't connect to server on Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program can't connect to server on Surface Pro 7: I installed a software that connects to a server to authenticate the user. It is blocked somehow. I added it to firewall and other exclusion lists and even turned off Windows Security and ran it but it still can't connect. I asked support of the software developer but they...
  9. Wifi can't be connected on my surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi can't be connected on my surface pro 4: I didn't do anything. The wifi works well yesterday but can't be connected suddenly today. I've run the Troubleshoot for Internet, Network Adaptor and Hardware. It's saying I have to plugin a ethernet. I've tried to reset the network but still doesn't help....
  10. 2018 Surface Pro not working with external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2018 Surface Pro not working with external hard drives: Hi there So problem is I bought a surface pro with Windows 10. Had a brand new WD 4TB hard drive that just stopped working as it was started to be recognized as a Local Disk. So I tried all the fixes these threads could tell me with no luck. So I purchased a Toshiba 2TB...