Windows 10: Can't Connect an IP camera to my computer with wifi

Discus and support Can't Connect an IP camera to my computer with wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just purchased a wireless ip cam, a security cam that I want to be able to connect to on my computer. I am able to connect my Samsung S7 to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KA1J, Jun 20, 2019.

1. KA1J Win User

Can't Connect an IP camera to my computer with wifi

Hi,

I just purchased a wireless ip cam, a security cam that I want to be able to connect to on my computer. I am able to connect my Samsung S7 to the camera via wifi, but Win 10 is not detecting the camera. There is a software designed to work with at least this camera called ipcamera. It is supposed to connect identify any camera in the system. Firewall opened up and I gave it permission and the program opens, but does not detect the camera.

I called tech help and they were of no assistance, finally in frustration they wanted to know the IP and password of the router but I don't want that passed around. So I need to find out what the usual procedure is to connect a wifi camera so Win 10 ID's it. Seeing as my camera sees it & the camera's IP, i have to assume Win 10 should be able to as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

:)

2. FR@NK Win User

Problem with ip camera connecting over access point

I had just as much trouble getting my wireless IP cameras working :/

If you havent given up yet, first start with the basics and just have one access point connected will all security disabled and see if you can get the camera connected.
    If it connects then see if you can have your router reserve an IP address for the camera so the DCHP will always assign it the same IP address. If you cant then setup a static IP address for the camera. Next reboot everything on your network and see if the camera reconnects and is working. Then re enable wifi security and configure the camera and confirm that the camera reconnects and works after rebooting everything on the network. If it works then add your 2nd access point to the mix and verify the camera is works.

FR@NK, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Help: Port Forwarding to view IP Camera (before I go insane!)

For cloud you should not need any port forwarding.
    I tried this from different manufacturer and it worked but not great.
    If you have static public IP adress, i would suggest using it instead of the cloud
    Can you ping the camera when on wifi?
    If not use advanced IP scanner to find camera IP when on wifi.

Potatoking, Jun 20, 2019
  4. twilyth Win User

Problem with ip camera connecting over access point

That was a great idea. It works fine with no security and it worked at first when I added security but now no. So I just have to figure what the issue with the security protocols is. Thanks.
    I looked up vlan -
    If that's English, then no, I don't think I use one of them thar thingamajigs.

twilyth, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Connect an IP camera to my computer with wifi - Similar Threads - Can't Connect camera

2. My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress: My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress. It happened after a IT guy advised me to try and connect to a router, with manual ip connection. After i switched it back to automatic DHCP i can not connect to any wifi. ive tried reseting my...
  3. My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress: My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress. It happened after a IT guy advised me to try and connect to a router, with manual ip connection. After i switched it back to automatic DHCP i can not connect to any wifi. ive tried reseting my...
  4. Wifi connected no internet - Computer doesn't have an IP Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connected no internet - Computer doesn't have an IP Address: Hi,My computer is having a problem where when it connects to the wifi it connects but has no internet. This all started after running a .Bat file called WindowsUpdateFix.bat. Ive tried everything such as making sure the DHCP client is on, I've tried restarting it. Ive tried...
  5. Wifi connected no internet - Computer doesn't have an IP Address

Wifi connected no internet - Computer doesn't have an IP Address: Hi,My computer is having a problem where when it connects to the wifi it connects but has no internet. This all started after running a .Bat file called WindowsUpdateFix.bat. Ive tried everything such as making sure the DHCP client is on, I've tried restarting it. Ive tried...
  6. Can't connect camera.

Can't connect camera.: Cannot connect camera. Error code: 0xC00D3704 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-camera/ab10d78c-f3d5-4f83-92e7-70d3e1a9ea63
  7. ip camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ip camera: how can i find my ip camera plugged into my router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-camera/c4719c0b-5ff7-43ef-9af0-eeffcfbc1d8c
  8. wifi camera connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi camera connection: I was given a Bresser Discovery Adventures 4K ultra hd camera recently and the instructions state it has WIFI connectivity. However I am unable to connect to my Windows 10 pc. Any suggestions please....
  9. Wifi connection IP configuration not valid

Wifi connection IP configuration not valid: I have no internet connection on my laptop. Don't have a valid IP configuration. I have full wifi access on other home devices. Any suggestions please?...
  10. Why Can't I connect to my IP cameras?

Why Can't I connect to my IP cameras?: I have some IP cameras. And now I find I can't connect to them. Not from my machine via the internet URL. My IP is static. I can still connect via the LAN. example is 10.0.0.126:98 I get its login screen immediately. But 101.167.174.247:98 gives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshoot connect bresser wifi camera to windows 10