Windows 10: Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error

Discus and support Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a Xiaomi MI A1 android phone , running android version 9 . When i connect it via USB i get an error from my windows about device not being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MisterFriki, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error

Hello
    I have a Xiaomi MI A1 android phone , running android version 9 . When i connect it via USB i get an error from my windows about device not being recognized.
    In the phone settings the option to select what happens when i plug a USB is grayed out
    Things i have tried
    Updating drivers
    Developer mode
    Usb debugging
    Different cables
    Different usb slots

I really don't know what else to do besides write here. I don't think it's the USB ports fault but the phone itself but i don't know how to fix it.
    This might not be the best place to ask , but if you know a better place please feel free to tell me

Thank you

:)

MisterFriki, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Tely136 Win User

Unrecognized USB device (device descriptor request failed)

Are you still around?

Sorry if none of that helped. I have tried pretty much everything else that has been suggested by others such as:

Uninstalling the unrecognized device and restarting

Uninstalling the USB drivers and restarting.

Trying every USB port on my computer.

Updating the drivers for every device

listed under universal serial his controllers in the device manager.

Please reply, I know there's got to be a way to fix this.

Tely136, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Cant connect to Android phone using adb (adb device unauthorized)

I can't connect my nexus 5 using adb and to laptop (windows 10 B:10586)

Working on it like more that 10 hours.

Tested lots of google adb driver, even adb-setup-1.4.3 (adb auto setup by xda)

Revoking usd debugginh. also not worked.

Even removed .android from %userprofile%

It is working on other laptop using auto adb setup.

/data/adb is empty.

No confirm dialog will appear.

Tested using different usb connection method (charging,mtp,ptp,midi)

Nexus 5 Android :6.0.1 , Rooted , Unlock bootloader ,Build Number:MMB29v, Baseband version M8974A-2.0.50.2.28

Already tested:

Adding a guess

I guess adb rsa key signature is not cleaned well (from phone or windows) otherwise phone rsa confirmation request is working using different laptop.

Mahdi Rafatjah, Jul 4, 2019
  4. wenbeiss Win User

Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error

Error 43: Unrecognized USB device

So, I've had this USB headset for a year or so and it's always worked perfectly. However, I upgraded to Windows 10 a little under a month and, suddenly, today it stopped working. The thing is, it was working just fine earlier today, but all of a sudden Windows
    gave me the "unrecognized USB device". And ever since then, I haven't been able to get it to work again.

I've tried everything. I've been searching online for hours, and nothing worked. Any suggestions as to I can get it working again?

wenbeiss, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error

1. Can't connect android phone via USB, unrecognized device error - Similar Threads - Can't connect android

2. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  3. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  4. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  5. Phone connected via USB

Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  6. Your Phone // Connection via USB

Your Phone // Connection via USB: Unfortunately, at work i can not have my PC and android device on the same WiFi network, hence i am missing out on the app/screen link. Is there a way this can be connected with USB connection?...
  7. Unable to connect my android phone via usb.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect my android phone via usb.: hello friends, please help me....I am unable to connect my android phone via usb. While installing mtp device driver I am getting error code 31. What should I do to fix it ? Below Is the Snap..... [ATTACH]...
  8. USB Devices Unrecognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Devices Unrecognized: I have 2 USB devices a WIFI and a Bluetooth Dongle that since the latest patch {KB4586781} will not work. They both were working prior to this. I have tried on multiple port across two different Windows 10 systems with no change. I have also purchased a second Bluetooth...
  9. Android not connecting to Windows via USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android not connecting to Windows via USB: Here's the scenario: I connect my Android device ( running on Android 9/Pie) to PC (on windows 10) via USB. It connects to windows (confirmed by sound of connection) and starts charging. I go through the USB options on phone and switch to 'File Transfer' option. Now...
  10. Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB: Since the latest Windows update I haven’t been able to connect my SAMSUNG Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device I received a message that "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)" Updating drivers didn't help here. How to sort it out?...