Windows 10: Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

Discus and support Can't connect Android smartphone to PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear support, I am running Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746 on my PC. When I connect my smartphone Android 10, it does not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Julia_776, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Julia_776 Win User

Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

Dear support,

I am running Windows 10 Pro N Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746 on my PC. When I connect my smartphone Android 10, it does not show up in my Windows Explorer. In the Device Manager under "Other Devices" i can see that my MTP driver is not installed. I get the following error message:

The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28
    There are no compatible drivers for this device.
    To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

However, there are no updates left for me to install. I tried installing Samsung Switch, but the program won't start due to missing WMVCore.DLL files. After that, I tried to install the Windows Media Player. It shows up as installed when I click on optional features in my settings, but I can't start the program either.

After a bit of research, I found the following thread which appears to sum up my problems: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/i-installed-media-feature-pack-but-media-player/a34f21d0-d15c-4f5d-bde4-2091fc3e22fa?auth=1

The user solved it by installing the Media Feature Pack, however, I can't seem to find the right version for my computer. I tried KB3099229, which is already installed, and KB3133719, which is not applicable to my device.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Julia

:)

Julia_776, Jan 25, 2021

2. Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Jan 25, 2021
  3. pstein Win User
    How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?

As far as I know there is a way to connect from Win10 system directly to an Android SmartPhone through Wifi.

The Android system should be mounted (=visible) afterwards as drive in Win10 File Explorer.

How can I achieve this?

Peter

pstein, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

How to connect to Android SmartPhone by WiFi? mount drive in File Exp?

Hi Peter, you can connect an Android phone to Windows 10 using this Tutorial or using a third-party app from your phone's manufacturer. I'm a bit uptight about having a Microsoft connection to my phone even while using a Privacy App.

Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

I have a Samsung A8 and use Samsung Smart Switch to back-up my phone and for software updates.

Smart switch | Samsung CA

I use Samsung SideSync to connect my phone to a PC for file transfers (visible in Windows Explorer).

Samsung SideSync

I hope that helps. Cheers

W10 Tweaker, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Can't connect Android smartphone to PC

1. Can't connect Android smartphone to PC - Similar Threads - Can't connect Android

2. Smartphone won't connect with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smartphone won't connect with my PC: I have the problem that I can't transfer any data between my PC and smartphone, since my smartphone isn't recognised anymore. I did some digging and fixed the problem that my base drivers were missing at least it isn't showing up anymore in the device manager. Besides that I...
  3. Smartphone won't connect with my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smartphone won't connect with my PC: I have the problem that I can't transfer any data between my PC and smartphone, since my smartphone isn't recognised anymore. I did some digging and fixed the problem that my base drivers were missing at least it isn't showing up anymore in the device manager. Besides that I...
  4. Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc: PC recognized android smartphone but if i copied one of my smartphone folder in my PC i obtained the only the copy of empty folder but not the content. Can you help me?Thanks.Lore...
  5. Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc

Transfering Android smartphone file on windows 10 pc: PC recognized android smartphone but if i copied one of my smartphone folder in my PC i obtained the only the copy of empty folder but not the content. Can you help me?Thanks.Lore...
  6. connecting smartphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting smartphone: Hello.I noticed the last d ays that when connecting via usb my smarpthone to laptop appears the window in the next screenshot.What is it?Did not appear at the past until now.Ι change some setting by mistake?How can stop it?...
  7. connecting smartphone

connecting smartphone: Hello.I noticed the last d ays that when connecting via usb my smarpthone to laptop appears the window in the next screenshot.What is it?Did not appear at the past until now.Ι change some setting by mistake?How can stop it?...
  8. Connect Android to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Android to PC: I cannot link my android phone to my pc using "Your Phone" app. Keep getting message "cannot connect at this time, try later" Any ideas? I have a wired internet connection which allows me to access all other areas I have tried....
  9. PC can't connect to my Android phone

PC can't connect to my Android phone: I set up my PC and Samsung Galaxy 9+ to sync texts and photos, using the Your Phone app. It was working until today and the error message I'm seeing on my PC says "we can't connect to your phone." I've uninstalled the reinstalled the Your Phone app a few times, cleared...
  10. Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to connect Android smartphone via USB: Since the latest Windows update I haven’t been able to connect my SAMSUNG Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device I received a message that "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)" Updating drivers didn't help here. How to sort it out?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smart switch blad pc wmvcore.dll