Windows 10: Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter

Discus and support Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased this Bluetooth adapter a while ago installed the drivers and was able to connect my headphones via "Bluetooth & other devices" but after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackHammerberg, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter

I purchased this Bluetooth adapter a while ago installed the drivers and was able to connect my headphones via "Bluetooth & other devices" but after I updated my PC, when I go to where my headphones are it says "Bluetooth is turned off". Windows recognizes the driver and the adapter but just can't accept that it can connect to Bluetooth devices.

:)

JackHammerberg, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Aliz Win User

Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

3. Bluetooth devices will not connect

Hello Jean57sn, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

Down below I'm going to provide you with steps and instructions on how to help you with your issue which was listed by Lenovo Support to best help you.

Make sure your computer has the necessary hardware and that wireless is turned on. Bluetooth requires both hardware and software to work. Not all wireless networking hardware supports Bluetooth.

Method 1:

Step 1: Enable Bluetooth radio If Bluetooth is not turned on it may not show up in your control panel or device manager. We first need to enable the Bluetooth radio Press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key may be the, F8 or Press Fn+F5
    (or F5).

Step 2: Check the Bluetooth drivers

Click Start and search for "Device Manager"

Look for all Bluetooth listings by opening the Network Adapters category and the Bluetooth Radios category (if available). If you can't find any Bluetooth listings under Network adapter and Bluetooth radios proceed to next step B

Make sure the driver has no Yellow exclamation mark or Down arrow sign

- Yellow Mark = The Bluetooth hardware is not responding or set up correctly. Updating or reinstalling Bluetooth drivers may correct this problem

- Down Arrow= Bluetooth is disabled. Right-click the device and select Enable to turn on Bluetooth.

Method 2: Enable Discovery Mode

Click Start and search for "Change Bluetooth"

From the Options tab, select Allow Bluetooth device to find this computer, and make sure Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer is selected.

Click OK and try to connect to your device. If problems persist, continue to the next step.

Method 3: Update Bluetooth Drivers

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Right-click and select Update Driver Software,

Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the rest of the steps.

Then...

Click Start and type "Device Manager"

In Device Manager locate the Bluetooth adapter. Select Uninstall

Restart your machine and Windows will automatically install the driver after you logged in

I also suggest you refer to Lenovo support down below as this issue has to do with Microsoft for best support:

URL:
    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht50...

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter

Setup incomplete because of a metered connection windows 10 / Bluetooth Device / LTE Connection

Hi Francine,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

Method 1: Run Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click “Network and Internet”
    • Click “ Network Adapter” and
      run the troubleshooter
    If issue persist, I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: Update Network Adapter and check.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click the driver and select Update.

If issue still persist, I suggest you to follow
    method 3

Method 3: Connect to Bluetooth devices and

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter

1. Can't connect Bluetooth device through desktop adapter - Similar Threads - Can't connect Bluetooth

2. No audio through connected Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio through connected Bluetooth device: I am having problems playing audio from my Windows PC through my Bose Bose AE2 Bluetooth headphones.1 I have previously connected to these headphones without any issues. The audio was fine2 at some point, the audio started experiencing distortions and disconnects3 I can now...
  3. No audio through connected Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio through connected Bluetooth device: I am having problems playing audio from my Windows PC through my Bose Bose AE2 Bluetooth headphones.1 I have previously connected to these headphones without any issues. The audio was fine2 at some point, the audio started experiencing distortions and disconnects3 I can now...
  4. Can't connect any Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect any Bluetooth devices: I'm using Asus Bluetooth Dongle USB-BT500 and in my Windows 10 computer I can't connect any devices, if I use the same dongle and same device I want to connect in any other computer, the devices connect successfully.How can I restore factory settings for Bluetooth in my...
  5. Bluetooth can't connect to paired devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth can't connect to paired devices: Currently having an issue with my bluetooth randomly stop working one day. I can't connect to any of paired devices or any new ones, however I am able to discover them. I also cannot remove my current paired devices. My bluetooth is turned on and everything has been updated....
  6. Is it possible to connect to a Bluetooth device through command lines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to connect to a Bluetooth device through command lines?: I am wanting to connect to a bluetooth device through the command lines but im not sure how to also it would be prefferable that i wouldnt have to download any applications....
  7. Is it possible to connect to a Bluetooth device through command lines?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to connect to a Bluetooth device through command lines?: I am wanting to connect to a bluetooth device through the command lines but im not sure how to also it would be prefferable that i wouldnt have to download any applications....
  8. Bluetooth adapter displays as "dongle" in devices, can't turn on bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth adapter displays as "dongle" in devices, can't turn on bluetooth.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I can't access bluetooth on my desktop, it has no built in bluetooth so i'm using an adapter instead. I've tried using two different bluetooth adapters and they both display as "dongle" in the devices section. There's no toggle to turn bluetooth on or off....
  9. Can't connect to bluetooth device. Can't remove bluetooth device

Can't connect to bluetooth device. Can't remove bluetooth device: Since I updated my computer with the latest version of Windows 10 yesterday, I'm having problems getting a set of bluetooth headphone to connect to my computer. I did not have this problem before the update yesterday. My headphone show up in the list of bluetooth devices,...
  10. Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop

Bluetooth Device not Connecting to desktop: I have headphones that can connect to my phone and laptop via Bluetooth but can't connect to my desktop. I have tried deleting and reinstalling Bluetooth drivers, made desktop discoverable, turned on/off Bluetooth. Restarted Bluetooth services through services.msc. This is...