Windows 10: Can't connect bluetooth earbuds to my PC as an audio device

Discus and support Can't connect bluetooth earbuds to my PC as an audio device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just got my new bluetooth earphones (Samsung Galaxy Buds+) but I can't connect them to my PC. The thing is, I managed to pair them but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yoosto, May 15, 2020.

1. /u/Yoosto Win User

Can't connect bluetooth earbuds to my PC as an audio device

Hey guys, I just got my new bluetooth earphones (Samsung Galaxy Buds+) but I can't connect them to my PC.

The thing is, I managed to pair them but when I try to connect them it says either "Couldn't connect" or "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is discoverable, then try again". I know how to get them discoverable and into pair mode and I managed to pair them, so...

I tried almost everything I could find online:

• Turned the bluetooth on my phone off
    • Restarted my laptop
    • Ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter
    • Updated Bluetooth drivers
    • Uninstalled then installed new Bluetooth drivers
    • Restared Bluetooth services and set them to run automatically
    • Tried connecting the earphones to my friend's PC and they work perfectly

When I managed to connect them through Galaxy Buds Manager software, my laptop doesn't recognize them as an audio device - in sound setting there are no earbuds to choose from the "Choose your output device" drop-down list.

Also, I tried connecting the Bluetooth Audio option in Bluetooth Device Control (Devices and Printers) but the "Error connecting to headset; Please retry this operation" pops up.

I had no problems with connecting other bluetooth devices (phones, smartwatch etc.) to my PC.

Nothing seems to work. If any of you could help me out I would appreciate it so much!

PC details: Acer Aspire E5-553G Windows 10 Pro (x64) Qualcomm Atheros bluetooth driver
    submitted by /u/Yoosto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yoosto, May 15, 2020

2. Can't add a second Bluetooth Earbud Device to my Settings - Devices - Bluetooth & other devices- Audio

Greetings,

I'm having trouble setting up a second set of Bluetooth Earbuds in Settings so I can use them when my first pair of earbuds run low on Battery. I already have a set of BlueWow A5L & BlueWow A5R listed in the Audio section under Bluetooth & other devices.
    I also have them listed in the Device Manager (which I think were automatically added) when they were "Paired" under Bluetooth Settings Months ago. So today I go to add or pair a slighly bit older model of bluetooth earbuds than the BlueWow's & less expensive
    too & I can't add or "pair" them in Settings - Bluetooth- Audio. If so I then could have them "connect" when I added them and use them to listen to my streaming movies, etc... if they were "paired" like my two BlurWows. My 1st question is can you have 2 sets
    of bluetooth earbuds in your Settings - Devices - Bluetooth and other devices - Audio? Because, if not then that would answer my question.

I think you can because I have 2 different USB WI-FI Wireless Network Adapters in the section below, listed under "Other Devices".

What is going wrong? What am I doing wrong? I go to set-up the 2nd pair of Earbuds called TWS 7, but they just won't become "Discoverable". For about two seconds after tapping the button in the Settings - Bluetooth section they became discovered, but then
    they just disappeared. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Respectfully,

Barry

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., May 15, 2020
  3. Arily Win User
    Bluetooth Earbuds - Paired not Connecting...

Soooo, I have Windows 10 64-bit Build: 1803 Completely updated via Windows Update.
    Trying to use Insignia Bluetooth Earbuds Model: NS-CAHBTEP01

I used to be able to use these bluetooth earbuds just fine before (not sure which windows 10 build but it was windows 10)...But I haven't used them in awhile so they weren't paired...Went to pair them the other night and when they first pair they work perfectly fine...not an issue at all. They say, "Power On", "Device Connected". They show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice and Music", However when I turned the device off and turn them back on later to use them they connect but not completely. Instead they say, "Power On", "Devices Connected" but they show in bluetooth devices "Connected Voice" no music. When I go to power off the device to retry it keeps saying on the device, "Power On", "Device Connected" and they will not power off at all...it's so strange... I even used a different pair of bluetooth earbuds with the same exact results so I don't think it's the earbuds...I think it's something with this windows 10 build.

Has anyone ever heard of this and know a fix? The only way I can continue to use them is constantly removing them from bluetooth devices and do a brand new pairing until the next time I shut them off...then I have to start all over again. So strange that when I go to reconnect a second time that's when I have the issue.

Arily, May 15, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Bluetooth Earbuds - Paired not Connecting...

Try a different pair of earbuds. There are known issues with Bluetooth earbuds and bluetooth devices.

bro67, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't connect bluetooth earbuds to my PC as an audio device - Similar Threads - Can't connect bluetooth

2. Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device: I was trying to connect my earphones to my PC via Bluetooth but wasn't able to . It kept saying "couldn't connect ". But the earphones can connect to other devices . I tried restarting the PC but it wasn't much help. The troblubleshoot says that they have fixed the problem...
  3. Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Bluetooth of my device: I was trying to connect my earphones to my PC via Bluetooth but wasn't able to . It kept saying "couldn't connect ". But the earphones can connect to other devices . I tried restarting the PC but it wasn't much help. The troblubleshoot says that they have fixed the problem...
  4. Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio: Whenever I used to connect my bluetooth earbuds before it used to show "connected audio" after "connected". Now it only shows "connected" and the sound is going through my system speakers instead of my earbuds. please help....
  5. Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio

Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio: Whenever I used to connect my bluetooth earbuds before it used to show "connected audio" after "connected". Now it only shows "connected" and the sound is going through my system speakers instead of my earbuds. please help....
  6. Bluetooth earbuds losing connection to voice/audio repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds losing connection to voice/audio repeatedly: I am having issues with bluetooth on my new windows 11 laptop. Dell Latitude 7440I had a pair of first gen Air Pods that I would use for Zoom calls on my previous windows 10 laptop that would work with not issues. When I got this new computer the mic would often drop out, and...
  7. Bluetooth earbuds losing connection to voice/audio repeatedly

Bluetooth earbuds losing connection to voice/audio repeatedly: I am having issues with bluetooth on my new windows 11 laptop. Dell Latitude 7440I had a pair of first gen Air Pods that I would use for Zoom calls on my previous windows 10 laptop that would work with not issues. When I got this new computer the mic would often drop out, and...
  8. Connecting Bluetooth Earbuds to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting Bluetooth Earbuds to my Laptop: I recently bought a new pair of bluetooth earbuds that connect perfectly fine to my phone, but will not connect to my laptop Lenovo YOGA, if that's important. My last pair of earbuds wouldn't connect either, but they had issues anyways, so I discounted them. Any ideas as to...
  9. Can't add a second Bluetooth Earbud Device to my Settings - Devices - Bluetooth & other...

Can't add a second Bluetooth Earbud Device to my Settings - Devices - Bluetooth & other...: Greetings, I'm having trouble setting up a second set of Bluetooth Earbuds in Settings so I can use them when my first pair of earbuds run low on Battery. I already have a set of BlueWow A5L & BlueWow A5R listed in the Audio section under Bluetooth & other devices. I also...
  10. Bluetooth Earbuds Not Listed in Bluetooth Devices/ Can't Connect to Earbuds

Bluetooth Earbuds Not Listed in Bluetooth Devices/ Can't Connect to Earbuds: No matter what I try to do to troubleshoot my Bluetooth adapter, I cannot find my Bluetooth earbuds under "Add Bluetooth or Other Device". What else can I do than to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers ?...