Windows 10: Can't connect desktop to wifi

Discus and support Can't connect desktop to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Moved house. Previously connected to internet by ethernet cable. Now want to connect to internet through wifi. CAn't work out how?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulStoner2, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Can't connect desktop to wifi

Moved house. Previously connected to internet by ethernet cable. Now want to connect to internet through wifi. CAn't work out how?

:)

PaulStoner2, Sep 27, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Sep 27, 2018
  3. silkstone Win User
    At my wits end with WiFi

I did the sme, with the WAP, i disabled DHCP, and assigned a static IP (192.168.1.2), the adsl router already has a static ip set. i followed th guide here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point to a T, both with and without the reccommended/optional steps.

Still no joy, and i still can't get my desktop to see the wifi router, wth default settings and a direct connection. My laptop views the wifi router fine, with default settings.

Ok i figured i missed a step when changing to the DD-WRT firmware. I didn;t upgrade to the latest version. i'm doing that now, and i'll try to set it up again.

silkstone, Sep 27, 2018
  4. wabbles Win User

Can't connect desktop to wifi

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't connect desktop to wifi

1. Can't connect desktop to wifi - Similar Threads - Can't connect desktop

2. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: Split from this thread. I am also having the same problem, In that it will identify the SSID for the hotspot but the SSID for the Home Network it is absent. it just does not appear. it is also that way for my work laptop also running Windows 7, also connects to hotspot but...
  3. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: I cannot connect to internet on my windows 11 laptop. I've had my laptop for more than 2 years and one day it just stopped connecting to wifi. I've tried everything a network reset, forgot the wifi, restarted my pc, shut it off, and I even did a hard reset and I can't even...
  4. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: My laptop suddenly stopped connecting to wifi, it hasn't had any other issues since I updated to windows 11, until last night it just disconnected, I tried every solution I could find online; network reset, disabled and enabled the firewalls, on and off airplane mode, etc,...
  5. Can't Connect to WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect to WIFI: I have a laptop running Windows 10. For some reason it will not connect to my WIFI Network.The Network shows up but when I try to connect it says "Connecting..." or "Can't connect to Network".The password is correct and all other computers and devices connect with no issue.If...
  6. Can't connect to WiFi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to WiFi.: I just opened up my pc and tried to connect to my wifi but it just says "no internet,secured".It's not my router becuase all my other devices work fine on the wifi.Someone please help. submitted by /u/kakarot4367 [link] [comments]...
  7. "Can't Connect To This Network" - Desktop WiFi Woes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Can't Connect To This Network" - Desktop WiFi Woes: This problem has been plaguing me for about a month now. My home's wireless network works just fine - my laptop has no problems connecting to it, neither does my phone, the TV, the Amazon Firestick, my dad's PC out in the garage, my mom's laptop, and until about 6 weeks ago,...
  8. Can't Connect to Wifi

Can't Connect to Wifi: Hello, I've been having a problem with my network adapters. It's been days since I have been experiencing not veing able to connect to my wifi and I believe that it has nothing to do with my internet connection since it works on other devices perfectly. I tried...
  9. can't connect to wifi with my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't connect to wifi with my desktop: Good evening,\ I am having trouble connecting to WIFI with my computer. It will only sometimes connect to my phones hot spot, but doesn't see the router for our home network. It gave me the error of Install a driver for you network adapter. Please help Tony ***...
  10. Can't connect to wifi

Can't connect to wifi: It says that I'm connected, but the login page never pops up. I can go on a few sites, but I can do very limited things (for example, I can search for videos on YouTube, but I can't watch anything). Everything was working just fine about an hour ago. I've tried turning my...