Windows 10: Can't connect iPod to computer

Discus and support Can't connect iPod to computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have I-tunes loaded on my computer. I want to purchase music, add it to my library and then download the new music to my I-pod. I plugged the I-pod... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GodriaThrower, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Can't connect iPod to computer

I have I-tunes loaded on my computer. I want to purchase music, add it to my library and then download the new music to my I-pod. I plugged the I-pod into the port on my computer and I got this error message "This I-pod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows. I have windows 10 home in S mode, version 1809. What version of windows must I have in order to support my I-pod?

* Original title: IPod

:)

GodriaThrower, Dec 12, 2019
  2. DR.Death Win User

Ipod is stuck...

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
    • Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
    • If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

try that

To restore your iPod mini:

* Warning: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.

How to restore your iPod:

1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
    3. After a few moments, it will appear in the Source list in iTunes.
    4. Select your iPod in the Source list and you will see information about it appear in the Settings tab of the main iTunes windows.
    5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:

Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
    Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
    Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
    Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.

6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.

Restore Instruction 1: Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).
    Restore Instruction 2: Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies newer iPod models).

7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
    8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.

or this

DR.Death, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    iPod to PC won't connect

Hello Denis B,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

With regards to your concern, kindly help us with the below questions.

1. Have you tried connecting the iPod to another computer?
    2. What is the build and version of your computer?
    3. Did you update your PC recently?
    4. Do you read any error message/code, when you connect iPod to your computer?

I would suggest you to try connecting the iPod device on another PC to check if it’s the issue with the computer. Also for iPod to work fine, you will have to
    completely uninstall iTunes and related software components. To do that, you may refer to an article on
    Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later.

Note: Be sure to remove all components of an iTunes installation in the precise order. Also, make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes from
    Apple website.

For more information, you may also refer to the article If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Can't connect iPod to computer

iPod touch not connecting to Windows 10 computer

Hi Wendy,

There are two possibilities why this issue happens:

• Your device driver is out-dated.
    • Your iPod touch is not connected as a media device (possibly set to
      "charge only").

Have you set your iPod touch to connect as a media device? Also, have you tried updating the drivers for your iPod touch?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect iPod to computer

1. Can't connect iPod to computer - Similar Threads - Can't connect iPod

2. how to connect an ipod

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect an ipod: I have an old ipod model A1285 and it will not connect to my windows 120 laptop. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-an-ipod/0682b41e-05bd-414f-8587-08fe03d984f3
  3. how to connect an ipod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect an ipod: I have an old ipod model A1285 and it will not connect to my windows 120 laptop. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-an-ipod/0682b41e-05bd-414f-8587-08fe03d984f3
  4. how to connect an ipod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. iPod touch 4th gen will not connect to my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPod touch 4th gen will not connect to my computer.: My old iPod touch 4th gen will not connect to my computer. It gives me an error saying the device has malfunctioned and so it will not connect to iTunes. I have tried every thing I have found. So I am turning to the community. Apple website dose not help. I am not sure if it...
  6. iPod touch 4th gen will not connect to my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iPod touch 4th gen will not connect to my computer.: My old iPod touch 4th gen will not connect to my computer. It gives me an error saying the device has malfunctioned and so it will not connect to iTunes. I have tried every thing I have found. So I am turning to the community. Apple website dose not help. I am not sure if it...
  7. iPod touch 4th gen will not connect to my computer.

8. Ipod nano not recognized by computer

Ipod nano not recognized by computer: My computer does not recognize my Ipod nano. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipod-nano-not-recognized-by-computer/176fd446-6f73-45c7-9d04-c8898d41e047
  9. can't connect ipod mp3 player in Windows 10

can't connect ipod mp3 player in Windows 10: I can not connect an ipod mp3 player and update drivers in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-ipod-mp3-player-in-windows-10/e25e5175-1fcd-45ae-ba52-9ae1aa31fc4e
  10. Connecting iPod to computer via Bluetooth

Connecting iPod to computer via Bluetooth: I cannot connect my iPod touch to my computer. The computer says that they are connected (paired), but the iPod always says that the connection was unsuccessful. In DEVICE MANAGER under OTHER DEVICES I am told that I am missing drivers for the following: MAP MAS-iOS,...