Windows 10: Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?

Discus and support Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop from 2014. I don't think it supports 5 GHz wi-fi. I went into the black "Command Prompt" screen and entered the code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ToddMoriarty, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?

I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop from 2014. I don't think it supports 5 GHz wi-fi. I went into the black "Command Prompt" screen and entered the code to see the "radio types supported".

It says in this order: "802.11b 802.11g 802.11n"

Does this support 5GHz?

Thanks in advance.

Todd M.

:)

ToddMoriarty, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E

Source: Wi-Fi Alliance(R) brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Wi-fi problem

the 2.4GHz band is not the limiting factor here, it's the broadband connection to your ISP. Even a 2.4GHz WiFi card is capable of higher speeds than most ISPs provide.

What’s the Difference Between 2.4 and 5-Ghz Wi-Fi (and Which Should I Use)?

Bree, Sep 1, 2020
  4. reble Win User

Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?

Wi-fi problem

This router top is 450 mbps on 2.4 ghz. The Speed is back up to top speed after the tech came out on Friday. Now there is no audio drop out's on the remote Amateur Radio transceiver that I use. Thanks for the info on the 2.4g and the 5g wi-fi's. Since I can't use the 5g wi-fi in the router. I turned the 5g off in the router. I can always turn the 5g on if I get a laptop with a dual band wi-fi.

reble, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?

1. Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi? - Similar Threads - Can't connect laptop

2. 5.0 GHZ wi-fi not connected. How to connect it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5.0 GHZ wi-fi not connected. How to connect it.: How to connect 5.0 GHZ Wi- Fi . * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/50-ghz-wi-fi-not-connected-how-to-connect-it/43ea03b4-ec0b-4097-8e95-9abb5866c83f
  3. 5.0 GHZ wi-fi not connected. How to connect it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5.0 GHZ wi-fi not connected. How to connect it.: How to connect 5.0 GHZ Wi- Fi . * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/50-ghz-wi-fi-not-connected-how-to-connect-it/43ea03b4-ec0b-4097-8e95-9abb5866c83f
  4. 5.0 GHZ wi-fi not connected. How to connect it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10: Depending upon the hardware, you can use 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in your Windows 10 computer to get a better internet speed. Here is how you can switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10. In general, if your computer has a 5 GHz adapter and your Wi-Fi...
  6. Laptop does not recognize home wi-fi, but does recognize neighbor's wi-fi

Laptop does not recognize home wi-fi, but does recognize neighbor's wi-fi: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro N, Version 2004, OS build 19041.746. My Dell Inspiron laptop is not able to recognize my home wi-fi network, however my laptop does recognize a number of wi-fi networks coming from my neighbors. i.e. my home wi-fi does not show up as an...
  7. What kind of wi-fi card to receive 5 GHZ signals

What kind of wi-fi card to receive 5 GHZ signals: I was getting too much interference in a multi unit housing building on a 2.4 GHZ channel and upgraded my router to put out a 5 GHZ wifi signal. This worked for a laptop but my desktop wifi card is old enough that it doesn't pick up the 5 GHZ network. When shopping for an...
  8. Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem

Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem: I only have a Dell network driver to run at 2.4ghz . Is there a driver available for 5 GHZ. I have no problem accessing 5GHZ connection from my cellphone...
  9. Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E: Wi-Fi 6E will rapidly deliver benefits in 6 GHz once available Wi-Fi Alliance® is introducing new terminology to distinguish forthcoming Wi-Fi 6 devices that are capable of 6 GHz operation, an important portion of unlicensed spectrum that may soon be made available by...
  10. Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz 20 or 40 Mhz?

Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz 20 or 40 Mhz?: Which one should i choose and why? Should i divide 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz in two networks or keep them in one network? 51718