Windows 10: Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer

Discus and support Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a virtual windows 8 computer and a windows 10 computer. What I actually want is to share files between them. The problem with them is that they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vinuji Jones, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer

I have a virtual windows 8 computer and a windows 10 computer. What I actually want is to share files between them.

The problem with them is that they can't connect with each other using same the home group. I have made all the necessary options in both computers such as turning on network discovery and turning on file and printer sharing. My network is also private.

I made a homegroup in one of my pc but the other computer can't find it and vice versa. Please help me in this.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Vinuji Jones, Jan 24, 2021

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer

1. Can't connect my windows 8 computer with my windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Can't connect computer

2. My Windows 8 Pro Computer got issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 8 Pro Computer got issues.: Hello, I have my windows 8 pro laptop and here's what happened.When I press the power button, it starts turning on and start the automatic repair sequence but right after 3 seconds of it loading, it shuts down and it is needed to press the power button to start it again....
  3. My Windows 8 Pro Computer got issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 8 Pro Computer got issues.: Hello, I have my windows 8 pro laptop and here's what happened.When I press the power button, it starts turning on and start the automatic repair sequence but right after 3 seconds of it loading, it shuts down and it is needed to press the power button to start it again....
  4. Computer/Windows 10 not allowing any of my accounts to be connected to this computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer/Windows 10 not allowing any of my accounts to be connected to this computer.: Hello all and thanks for the help. Yes my name is pretty sweet. Had it for a long time now.My issue is that every time I try to connect my account to this computer in the settings it always says:Also, whenever I try to login to my account on Edge it wont work either as well...
  5. connecting my wireless printer to my windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting my wireless printer to my windows 10 computer: I cannot 'see' my wireless printer when I use the add printer dialog. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-wireless-printer-to-my-windows-10/a582678b-3fce-478e-9705-bcc089eef513
  6. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't login to my Windows 10 computer: I have an HP Notebook that originally came with Windows 7 pro. I upgraded with the free Windows 10 offer way back when. Had not touched the laptop since March 2018. Turned it on 2 days ago July 24, 2020 I think. It was setup to login with pin. I remembered it. All was okay...
  7. Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer

Windows 10, can't connect to remote computer: Hello all, I have 2 computers in my network: a desktop and a laptop. I'm trying to access file folders from my desktop on my laptop, but when I do it asks me for my login and password. I've tried every password I can think of to log in but it won't accept it. I log in to my...
  8. Can't login to my computer - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to my computer - Windows 10: Hello, I had been always using fingerprint and the PIN to login. I never used the password for my account so can't even remember. I wanted to find out if any of the services causing the slow startup of the machine. I turned off all the service and reboot the machine to...
  9. Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 8 and 10 are both on my computer: Why do I have Windows8_OS(C:) in my windows file explorer but my computer says I have Windows 10 Home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-and-10-are-both-on-my-computer/50ef79ea-d41a-4f90-8058-1a46533b6862
  10. Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop

Can't Connect to my Windows 8 desktop: I could connect before when I was running Windows 8 on my laptop to my Win 8 desktop. Now running Windows 10 build 9926 on my laptop I try to connect to my Windows 8 desktop it asks for a password which is never did before. I have changed my Win 10 laptop to private network...