Windows 10: can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help?

Discus and support can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi. It won't accept the password ???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lionel kisnorbo, Nov 30, 2023.

1. can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help?

Can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi. It won't accept the password ???

:)

lionel kisnorbo, Nov 30, 2023
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Different Network Connection From the same Wi-Fi

Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

As mentioned above in your post, the Desktop is connected to the Ethernet
    and Laptop is Connected to the Wi-Fi. It is not possible to connect to the same Wi-Fi networks. If both Desktop and Laptop are on Wi-Fi devices then you could try connecting it to the same Wi-Fi network.

• Did you try the below step provided and what was the result?
    I would suggest you to create a new HomeGroup and check if it helps.
    Refer: HomeGroup
    from start to finish

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Mohan B P Win User

can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help?

Windows 10 laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, but don't give me the opportunity to enter a password.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the connected Wi-Fi device and try adding it again.

• Type View Network Connections in the search bar and click on the same.

• If your Wi-Fi device is listed, right-click on the device and click on
      Delete.

• Now, try connecting to the Wi-Fi and check if it prompts for the password.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help?

1. can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help? - Similar Threads - can't connect laptop

2. can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi -help?: Can't connect new laptop to home wi-fi. It won't accept the password ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-new-laptop-to-home-wi-fi-help/2b604a0b-e9cc-41a6-a151-ba983fbf7b9d
  3. I can't connect to the Wi-Fi in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to the Wi-Fi in my laptop: I've been having a problem to connect to the Wi-Fi in my lenovo laptop for 3days now. It's showing "No internet, secured". And after troubleshooting it says Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I've applied few methods like network resetting, running commands, setting...
  4. Can't Connect to wi fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect to wi fi: Hey!Today i bought a new laptop asus rog strix g15 g513ic-hn002 and i tried setting up windows on it. When i reached the part when you're supposed to connect it to the internet there was no other option than an ethernet cable. And when i tried connecting after doing the setup...
  5. Can't Connect to wi fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect to wi fi: Hey!Today i bought a new laptop asus rog strix g15 g513ic-hn002 and i tried setting up windows on it. When i reached the part when you're supposed to connect it to the internet there was no other option than an ethernet cable. And when i tried connecting after doing the setup...
  6. Can't Connect to wi fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can't connect to Wi-Fi

Can't connect to Wi-Fi: if it does it disconnects after few minutes It displays the message can't connect to this network . sometimes it even say This network is not secure. I have tried the following 1. Checking for updated drivers 2.Reseting the network *It connects to all other Wi...
  8. Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?

Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?: I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop from 2014. I don't think it supports 5 GHz wi-fi. I went into the black "Command Prompt" screen and entered the code to see the "radio types supported". It says in this order: "802.11b 802.11g 802.11n" Does this support 5GHz? Thanks...
  9. Can't connect to Wi-Fi

Can't connect to Wi-Fi: I couldn't connect to Wi-Fi and the laptop wasn't showing me any networks, saying that there is a problem. I ran the troubleshooter and the problem was: The IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160Mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. I followed some steps from...
  10. Can't connect to wi fi

Can't connect to wi fi: My computer detects the network and asks me for a password, but after trying to connect, it presents the error "Can't connect to this network" [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-wi-fi/a5fd1cd9-8f22-4905-a00d-aaac0ffd67fe