Windows 10: Can't connect, only one ISP

Discus and support Can't connect, only one ISP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just worked on a customer's PC that had been upgraded to 10 Home. Have Comcast with the new Gateway. I get a can't connect when I try and connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cfourkays, Feb 15, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Can't connect, only one ISP

Just worked on a customer's PC that had been upgraded to 10 Home.
    Have Comcast with the new Gateway.
    I get a can't connect when I try and connect to his home Xfinity Network.
    I can connect to the Xfinity Wifi and logon using Comcast User and password to access the Net.

I have done everything I can think of.
    Don't have the PC, going back Thursday.

:)

cfourkays, Feb 15, 2016

2. Why can't I install a 2nd dsl? - It keeps installing it as a dial-up and it doesn't work

Hello All,

I have a dsl, softcap that's claimed to be 2Mb but runs, at best 1.76.

My ISP claimed that they can't upgrade it to uncapped 4Mb - They opened another account for this and said that I could apply to cancel the old when the new one is working.

I've been struggling with this for 2 months and am being billed for 2 dsl's when I only need one, but can't get the 2nd (new one, installed properly?)

I've followed the Windows instruction to install a broadband connection, and It keeps installing it as a dial up no matter what I do.

As a dial-up it does not work.

My ISP is telkomsa and unfortunately, they are absolutely no help at all. They don't even bother to answer their phones.

Does anyone have any advice that will help me with this installation please.

Thanks

Mike

Mike-Mechanic, Feb 15, 2016
  3. apps for wifi in windows 10

Do you want to change password of your wifi router or password of the account which makes a connection from your router to ISP.

For second one, you will have to work with your ISP only.

For first, you can log copy and paste following into your browser

http://192.168.1.1/login.htm

Then login into your router to change your wifi password.

E for Excel, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

Can't connect, only one ISP

1. Can't connect, only one ISP - Similar Threads - Can't connect ISP

2. ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  3. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  4. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Connection Issues to one of my ISP/Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection Issues to one of my ISP/Modem: Hi friends, I bought a new laptop just around 10 days ago & for the past 3 days - I seem to be having issues connecting to my main ISP, which is connected through D-Link modem, especially when I boot my system. It shows connected but not connected/no connection available....
  6. isp

isp: Hi Iam getting a new mobile hotspot device do they all come with memory and ram also what does no throttling mean is 1 GB ram good AND 2G memory good Thank you Timmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/9ef42ed4-059b-4d24-aec9-f6171f29e580
  7. Can't connect to wifi only from one room.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to wifi only from one room.: The signal is the same from all rooms and other devices work just fine from anywhere. When i try to connect my laptop tho, it only works from one room. When i try otherwise it says "can't connect to this network". Already tried to reinstall wireless adapter drivers, mess with...
  8. Windows ISP not connected

Windows ISP not connected: I have a BT-WholeHome Wi-Fi extender and it says “no internet, Secured” yet when i use the windows troubleshooter is says i need to complete the logon on the ISP website even though i dont even have access to the internet connection....
  9. Two ISPs, one pc-how to manage?

Two ISPs, one pc-how to manage?: I may move to another ISP, but before that I want to test the two connections, not at the same time, but alternatively to test general usability (speed/latency/stability of the new connection etc). I am a newbie at this. I have one network port and have brought another USB to...
  10. Use Google's DNS servers or ISP ones

Use Google's DNS servers or ISP ones: Hi there two questions on using alternate DNS servers 1) Are things like Google's DNS servers better to use than ISP ones -- any measuring indications available ? 2) Are your Geo-rights still the same when using alternate DNS servers --I don't want for example to...