Windows 10: Can't connect or share files on my network

Discus and support Can't connect or share files on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 pc's on my network. Win 7, XP and Win 10. Win 7 can connect to all 3, XP can connect to all 3, but win 10 can't connect to any. I can see them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by L-T-CL, Jan 28, 2019.

1. L-T-CL Win User

Can't connect or share files on my network

I have 3 pc's on my network. Win 7, XP and Win 10. Win 7 can connect to all 3, XP can connect to all 3, but win 10 can't connect to any. I can see them in explorer and I can ping successfully but can't connect to share files. No problems with this prior to last update. I run the trouble shooter and get error code 0x80070035 "The network path was not found" What is going on? Everything worked fine until last update? Major major problem

:)

L-T-CL, Jan 28, 2019

2. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Can't connect or share files on my network

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect or share files on my network

1. Can't connect or share files on my network - Similar Threads - Can't connect share

2. Why can't I connect to other computers on same network for file sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I connect to other computers on same network for file sharing?: I have my first Windows 11 workstation and though I have all the file sharing settings correct, it is not able to connect to other workstations on the same network....
  3. Why can't I connect to other computers on same network for file sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I connect to other computers on same network for file sharing?: I have my first Windows 11 workstation and though I have all the file sharing settings correct, it is not able to connect to other workstations on the same network....
  4. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  5. Can't stop my files being shared across the network.

Can't stop my files being shared across the network.: All of the files in Users folder in my computer are being shared across my home network. I tried to stop them being shared by right clicking on the file>share with > stop sharing. Then a new window opens telling "stop file share" and "this would take few minutes". There was a...
  6. Can't connect to work shared network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to work shared network drive: Hi guys, I'm trying to connect to the shared network drive so I can work from home, however I'm having a hard time doing so. I keep getting an error stating Windows cannot access .... Check the spelling of the name, otherwise there may be a problem with your network. This...
  7. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  8. File Sharing on the network

File Sharing on the network: I want to share files with other specific users on our small LAN (7 PC's). Here is as far as I can get: I navigate to the file I want to share. Right click on the file Select Give access to Choose "Specific people" In Network Access I find my own sign-on is already...
  9. Network Sharing and Connecting

Network Sharing and Connecting: I'm Not Able To Connect Other Devices In Same Wifi Network I Tried To Change My PC Settings But Still Facing Same Issue. Can Anyone Suggest Me what I Should Do To Solve This Problem So I Can See Other Device Data and To Use Printer As Well....
  10. Sharing network connection

Sharing network connection: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with sharing their internet connection with other devices after a recent update to Windows 10. After installing KB3176936 and KB3176934, I am unable to share my network. My current setup has my laptop connected to the home...