Windows 10: Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection

Discus and support Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have created a small business server with windows server 2019 evaluation, I have set up remote connection to the server through VPN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FveFngrD1kPunch, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection

Hello,

I have created a small business server with windows server 2019 evaluation, I have set up remote connection to the server through VPN with the SSTP protocol however im unable to get my remote clients connected, they have the sstp certificate installed on their computer and inbound connections are allowed on the server, im not sure what is going wrong or if it is a configuration error. When they try to connect the error says its unable to reach the server because the tunnels are not available.

:)

FveFngrD1kPunch, Feb 21, 2019
  2. eeps24 Win User

Best FREE vpn client? Need to connect to my home VPN

I created a remote access VPN (l2tp/ipsec) on my router at my house. If I want to connect to my VPN server remotely ,what do you suggest as a good free vpn client?

I know windows 10 has a built in vpn client, but would I notice any improvments (speed, stability, etc) using like cisco anywhere connect or any other free vpn clients?

eeps24, Feb 21, 2019
  3. SSTP SSL VPN on Windows Server 2012?

Can SSTP SSL VPN be created on Windows Server 2012?

Nicholas Christoff, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection

Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

So here's the skinny.

I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support.

Notes:

- I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a Windows 7 Enterprise computer. Both are capable of multi-monitor through the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client
    built into Windows.

- Both computers have two monitors - that is, I have two monitors on my work computer and two monitors on my home computer.

- Given that this is a work computer that I am remoting into, I
    don't want to use port forwarding
    for this connection, I want to use a VPN connection.

Can this be done? Can I use a VPN connection through the RDC program in Windows 10 in order to get multi-monitor support? Do I need to add a VPN connection to the VPN client in my Windows 10 or can I just go through the RDC program? How do I set it up? What
    information do I need to put where?

If not, is there a work around? Do I need to find a VPN client that supports multi-monitor work? Does anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Quickchill, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection

1. Can't Connect remote clients to windows 10 server through SSTP VPN connection - Similar Threads - Can't Connect remote

2. Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...: I have been slowly testing Windows 11 well in advance of the Windows 10 EOL.I am stumped on a very specific issue.I am running Windows 11 Home machine. I use it to remotely access a Windows machine inside a local domain, through a Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2. I am...
  3. Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Client will not connect through Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2 to Windows...: I have been slowly testing Windows 11 well in advance of the Windows 10 EOL.I am stumped on a very specific issue.I am running Windows 11 Home machine. I use it to remotely access a Windows machine inside a local domain, through a Remote Desktop Gateway Server 2012 R2. I am...
  4. Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.: I had this issue before and tried to do a diagnostic. All the ports required are open and other users are able to connect. This device was able to connect for several months until now. Nothing seems to fix this issue other than a full wipe of the device which does not benefit...
  5. Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remote desktop to any server on the network over VPN Azure Vpn Client.: I had this issue before and tried to do a diagnostic. All the ports required are open and other users are able to connect. This device was able to connect for several months until now. Nothing seems to fix this issue other than a full wipe of the device which does not benefit...
  6. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  7. trouble connecting to a vpn client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble connecting to a vpn client: hi i have pc1 connected to server1 via vpn using remote access. After connecting to the network, pc1 is able to remote desktop to pc 2. I am trying to use pc2 to remote desktop pc1 after pc1 establish the vpn connection but pc2 is not able to ping pc1 at all. Why does...
  8. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...
  9. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...
  10. Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet

Connecting with VPN in Windows 10 through the Internet: I get this error in System error log. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. I have ports 1701, 1723 and 3389 on my router and...