Windows 10: Can’t connect securely to this page

Discus and support Can’t connect securely to this page in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello when I try to log into my email, I'm now getting this error message, can you tell me why and how to fix it please? Thank you Can’t connect... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnnBlackwell, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Can’t connect securely to this page

Hello

when I try to log into my email, I'm now getting this error message, can you tell me why and how to fix it please?

Thank you

Can’t connect securely to this page

:)

AnnBlackwell, Dec 11, 2019

2. Cannot securely connect to this page

Hi MHeff,

This issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers.
    It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with connecting to a web page. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is the website you're trying to connect?
    • Have you visited this website before?
    • What is the web browser you're using?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Dec 11, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Can’t connect securely to this page

cannot securely connect to this page

i am trying to log in to a particular site but i keep getting the message cannot securely connect to this page. I have changed the tls settings as suggested but to no avail.

petersmyth1, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Can’t connect securely to this page

1. Can’t connect securely to this page - Similar Threads - Can’t connect securely

2. Fix Can’t connect securely to this page error on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Can’t connect securely to this page error on Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is one of the popular web browsers. It offers users a safe and secure web browsing experience. With every update, Microsoft tries to make Edge better than before. While surfing the internet, some users have encountered the “Can’t connect securely to...
  3. Secured, can’t connect to this network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secured, can’t connect to this network: I was suing my pc yesterday, and all of a sudden my PCs connection to my wifi switched and said “secured, can’t connect to this network”. (My internet is internode and my wifi adapter is d-link DWA-182 wireless USB). Then today I turned it on, same message was coming up when...
  4. Can't connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't connect securely to this page: Please advise how do I resolve this message . This comes up many times whilst trying to access websites. Even from well known trusted sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-securely-to-this-page/24710357-384f-422d-9677-041c9be655f2
  5. Can’t connect securely to this page message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t connect securely to this page message: I get this message when connecting to sites that are secure "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner." How to fix this issue?...
  6. Error Message "Can’t connect securely to this page"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error Message "Can’t connect securely to this page": I am trying to log onto a United States Navy website, https://nasis.cnrc.navy.mil/, and I receive the following error message, ""Can’t connect securely to this page". Is there a way to change settings to allow access to this website? If yes, can you provide step by step...
  7. Can’t connect securely to this page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t connect securely to this page: I am getting this error since the last Windows update. I tried the ssl check masrk suggestions. The problem also exisits on Chrome but I can work Firefox. Help Please. Build 17763.503 Version 1809...
  8. Can’t connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect securely to this page: I get this opening certain websites. Have tried a number of recommended fixes. None have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-securely-to-this-page/1d3bf117-43e6-4bd4-a8b8-649820bc87ea
  9. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...
  10. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outdated or unsafe tls security

2. how to resolve Cannot securely connect to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website’s owner. Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults whi

3. Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website’s owner.