Windows 10: Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows

Discus and support Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Firstly, Windows doesn't even show the 5G networks. When it does momentarily, when I'm changing between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz modes, it says that it can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phelenor, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Phelenor Win User

Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows

Firstly, Windows doesn't even show the 5G networks. When it does momentarily, when I'm changing between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz modes, it says that it can't connect to that network.

The card I have in my laptop is QC Atheros 9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter. It supports all the 5G modes. The drivers are up to date.

I have tried connecting to the same network on Ubuntu on the same laptop and it works normal.

What can I do to fix this?

:)

Phelenor, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Alfie1909 Win User

5GHz Wifi

Hello. I want to connect to 5GHz wifi, but its not showing up in the connection list. I've done a bit of research and my laptop should be able to connect to the 5GHz band.

Alfie1909, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Arily Win User
    5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows

Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows

1. Can't connect to 5Ghz WiFi on Windows - Similar Threads - Can't connect 5Ghz

2. Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi: Hi,I am using a dell Inspiron 7501, with an intel wifi adapter that worked perfectly with a 5GHz network when I got it. It also works with a 5GHz network when I do a clean install of windows, however, one day randomly it would stop working and I would have to do a clean...
  3. Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi: Hi,I am using a dell Inspiron 7501, with an intel wifi adapter that worked perfectly with a 5GHz network when I got it. It also works with a 5GHz network when I do a clean install of windows, however, one day randomly it would stop working and I would have to do a clean...
  4. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  5. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  6. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  8. Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi: Not too sure if this is the right subreddit but I recently added another GPU into my PC build. Before that, I was able to connect both to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi network. However, when I finished installing the 2nd GPU, the 5Ghz network would show up as "no internet,...
  9. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: There is no 5 GHz Wifi option in my laptop, but I can connect to it in my other device. I tried everything and look for the solution in this community before but all of them cannot solve my problem. This is my Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168...
  10. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: Problem is simple. One day i bought new ssd and i instaled new windows on it. Was using my 5ghz connection like always. One day i had no updates, end up my game and pc got disconnected from wifi. I thought its my provider so i closed windows. Day later I couldn't connect at...