Windows 10: Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache

Discus and support Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 64 bit ad an administrator. I can't connect to the internet. I just keep getting "Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain" on Chrome. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aliceell, Mar 7, 2019.

1. aliceell Win User

Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache

I'm using windows 10 64 bit ad an administrator. I can't connect to the internet. I just keep getting "Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain" on Chrome.

I've tried running windows troubleshooter and it says "Troubleshooting can't identify the problem."

I've set my ipv4 DNS addresses to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I've restarted my computer.

I've done /ipconfig release and /ipconfig renew.

I tried ipconfig /flushdns and all it says is "Windows IP Configuration" and it's been stuck like that for ten minutes.

I tried opening Windows Services to manually restart the DNS Client but the options to do that are all greyed out-- a little Googling suggests that might be intentional for windows 10.

I've tried "net stop dnscache" in command prompt and it says "The service is not responding to the control function".

I ran thru all the steps here and none of them have solved the prpblem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues

I know it's my laptop and not my internet because my phone works fine connected to the same network.

:)

aliceell, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

flush dns

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

No, Flush DNS will not reset the IP to default. It only flushes or resets the

contents of the DNS client resolver cache.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further

assistance.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Mar 7, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    DNS Cache Users

Just a note. If you change your DNS server, say go to Google (8.8.8.8) or switch to OpenDNS or any other than your default ISP, it's a good idea to flush the DNS. It will get rid of any possible "redirects" from previous DNS and will rebuild.

Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

ipconfig /flushdns at Admin command prompt.

f14tomcat, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

flush dns

Hi,

Using Ipconfig/flushdns helps you to flush or resets the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. You can use this procedure to remove negative cache entries from the cache, as well as any other entries that have been added

dynamically.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache - Similar Threads - Can't connect network

2. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  3. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  4. Shortcut to flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to flush DNS Cache: I am trying to create a shortcut to flush my DNS cache to avoid having to open the command prompt and enter the ipconfig command each time. I have seen two methods to supposedly do this. In the first method, I create a batch file with the ipconfig.exe /flushdns command, save...
  5. I can't connect to any network

I can't connect to any network: I got some data recovered on July 2 after the bad May update reset my PC in June. last Tuesday, I lost all ability to connect to the internet. My network drivers were gone, but I managed to download two back via flash drive on another laptop. I hooked my laptop up to ethernet...
  6. Flush DNS Cache

Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  7. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  8. Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush: I run a server with my own domain, I contacted my domain host because I could not connect to my server using domain after my public IP had changed after updating the A record within the domain interface, (though I could connect via IP) but my host told me to flush DNS, and so...
  9. Manually Flush memory cache ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Manually Flush memory cache ?: Anyone familiar on how to manually flush memory cache and buffers as mentioned here but this method does not work on Windows10 ? 54064
  10. Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10: How to: Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 How to Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 [img] Information A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant join to windows domain flush dns