Windows 10: Can't connect to any wifi

Discus and support Can't connect to any wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone Everytime I try to connect to a wifi network it tells me "can't connect to this network". I tried to connect to my home network and on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zaphir3, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Can't connect to any wifi

Hello everyone Everytime I try to connect to a wifi network it tells me "can't connect to this network". I tried to connect to my home network and on my phone using 4G hotspot, and I still get the same error. However, I was able share wifi via USB with my phone and it worked fine. Didn't try with an Ethernet cable but I'm 100% sure it would work.

Don't think it's my network adapter since I'm able to see my network as well as my neighbors' or my phone when I try to share WiFi via 4G. And again I am able to connect to the internet via my phone and USB. I've obviously already turned off/on my internet router. I have a tp-link 802.11ac network adapter. I did reinstall the driver but it didn't help I did try the "forget" network Technique, didn't work either.

submitted by /u/zaphir3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zaphir3, Nov 2, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 2, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Can't connect to any wifi

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect to any wifi

1. Can't connect to any wifi - Similar Threads - Can't connect wifi

2. Why can't i connect to any wifi ssdi ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i connect to any wifi ssdi ?: Hello Guys, I just moved to an area with fiber internet and using ONT Routers but suddenly i cant connect to any ssid and it tells me that i cant connect to this network when i try to join any wifi ssid.I have TP-link external antenna and never had any problems connecting to...
  3. Why can't i connect to any wifi ssdi ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't i connect to any wifi ssdi ?: Hello Guys, I just moved to an area with fiber internet and using ONT Routers but suddenly i cant connect to any ssid and it tells me that i cant connect to this network when i try to join any wifi ssid.I have TP-link external antenna and never had any problems connecting to...
  4. I can't connect to ANY wifi networks!!! HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to ANY wifi networks!!! HELP!!: Hello,I cannot connect to ANY wifi networks on my PC, at all. My wifi works throughout the house, on phones and tablets etc and even on other computers! It's just mineI installed windows 11 in around december '22 and since then i haven't been able to connect to any wifi...
  5. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any: About 3 months ago, I was having trouble connecting to wifi. Back then when I first started my laptop for 3-4 days I had to spend an hour connecting to wifi. Every time I turned on my computer it said "Cannot connect to this network" and after an hour it magically connected....
  6. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any: About 3 months ago, I was having trouble connecting to wifi. Back then when I first started my laptop for 3-4 days I had to spend an hour connecting to wifi. Every time I turned on my computer it said "Cannot connect to this network" and after an hour it magically connected....
  7. I can't connect to any wifi or can't find any

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I can't connect to any public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any public wifi: I am currently living in a place where they have a free public wifi. since today, i cant seem to connect to any public wifi. Usually when i try to connect to any public wifi, there's a message on the wifi section to "open browser and connect". Since this morning, the message...
  9. I can't connect to any public wifi

I can't connect to any public wifi: I am currently living in a place where they have a free public wifi. since today, i cant seem to connect to any public wifi. Usually when i try to connect to any public wifi, there's a message on the wifi section to "open browser and connect". Since this morning, the message...
  10. Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi: Hi, I installed Windows 10 on a laptop but I can't find the wifi adapter in the device manager. I tried to install the driver from the manufacturer but it didn't help. To check if the adapter is working i booted from a linux live usb and there the wifi is working fine. Can...