Windows 10: Can't connect to certain web sites

Discus and support Can't connect to certain web sites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting the following message"Can't connect to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafeTLS security settings. If this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlanRoe1, Jul 6, 2019.

1. AlanRoe1 Win User

Can't connect to certain web sites

I keep getting the following message"Can't connect to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafeTLS security settings. If this keeps happening try contacting the website owners"

Bearing in mind that people like AMEX and other bank site are affected ,I can't see that they are lax I have also contacted the web site owners and they claim all is well. Any suggestions please.

AND

This site can't be reached.

This has only happened fairly recently

Microsoft Support have been non responsive.

:)

AlanRoe1, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Polarman Win User

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Web Site builder

Hey does anyone use a wysiwyg web builder?

I have a friend asking about building a web site/ blog and she has absolutely no technical ability

Suggestions?

Like Wix?

Jetster, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Can't connect to certain web sites

Dell can't connect to certain sites

I have a dell (Inspiron 7558)
    and so some reason, I can't connect to certain sites. Messages like the one billow will appear.

This site can’t be reached

T

he connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

If I try to go to the Dell site to see if I can update my drivers, this message appear viz

To continue using Dell.com, please upgrade your browser.

Dell.com uses the latest security and encryption standards to provide you with a safe and enjoyable shopping experience.
    Support for older browsers ended on June 30, 2018.
    On June 30, 2018, Dell implemented new features to protect data safety and privacy. These improved security measures mean that customers must use a supported browser, and turn on TLS 1.2 in browser settings, to shop on Dell.com.

All my search engines are up to date and I also check and I have the TLS 1.2 enables. I don't really know what to do again.

smithconsty, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect to certain web sites

1. Can't connect to certain web sites - Similar Threads - Can't connect certain

2. Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help: Can't load certain sites from certain browsers: I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm on windows 10, and I'm having trouble with loading websites. I can play multiplayer games just fine, no lag or anything. I can download things from steam at around 25 mb/s. I have 3 browsers, firefox, edge, and chrome. From...
  3. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access one web site: Today, when I tried to access one website ccos.org that I manage, I started getting this error.This site can’t be reachedccos.org took too long to respond.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallRunning Windows Network...
  4. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access one web site: Today, when I tried to access one website ccos.org that I manage, I started getting this error.This site can’t be reachedccos.org took too long to respond.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallRunning Windows Network...
  5. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. I cant connect to certain sites

I cant connect to certain sites: last 2 months of using microsoft edge was fine, but last week when i try to go on to certain sites like epic games, gamejolt, etc. it doesn't want to connect to the site i used network diagnostics and it showed this The device or resource web proxy is not set up to accept...
  7. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  8. Dell can't connect to certain sites

Dell can't connect to certain sites: I have a dell (Inspiron 7558) and so some reason, I can't connect to certain sites. Messages like the one billow will appear. This site can’t be reached T he connection was reset. Try: Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall Running Windows...
  9. Some web sites can't connect

Some web sites can't connect: My laptop cant connect the some web sites .i visit your website on my phone ,apply the given solutions ,but still my laptop cant connect to the internet.please give me a another solution...
  10. Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Web Browser Crash on Certain Sites: TL;DR - All web browser close when I try to log into my WoW account ( Battle.net Account Login ) On Tuesday, 05Jul16, morning I tried to open my battle.net launcher and it stated that I couldn't connect to the battle.net severs. I went onto the blizzard forums and tried to...