Windows 10: Can't connect to certain websites

Discus and support Can't connect to certain websites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This issue has been going on for over 1 month already. I have already checked to see if it was an issue with only my WiFi/browser, but no. If I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorXS, Oct 6, 2019.

1. ConnorXS Win User

Can't connect to certain websites

This issue has been going on for over 1 month already. I have already checked to see if it was an issue with only my WiFi/browser, but no. If I change to my neighbor's WiFi or something, the page still won't load. If I change to Microsoft edge or google chrome, it still won't load. I checked my firewall, and yes, Firefox and all of my other browsers are still permitted through (even tried disabling the firewall.)

Although this only seems to happen with certain websites, the ones I've found that this happens to is Dropbox and mega.NZ.

I did update windows yesterday and restarted my computer and I'm still having the issue.

:)

ConnorXS, Oct 6, 2019

2. Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 6, 2019
  3. SeanC Win User
    Router Denying Websites

My Router is denying certain websites, from a certain Server, but I don't remember equipping it to do so. It's a seemingly random occurance (which will not stop). Server's websites are perfectly accessible once the router is removed and straight cable connection is used instead. Frustrating.

I've tried resetting the router, but it doesn't want to for some reason (held and pressed button for 15 secs).

Any suggestions? *Wtf :wtf:

SeanC, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Can't connect to certain websites

Cannot access certain websites

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to install all the patches from Windows update.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Windows update settings" without quotes and hit enter.

• Under Updates click on check for updates

Method 2: I would suggest you to install latest wireless network adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website.

You may refer:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:
    How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3: You may refer:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    Open a CMD window as Administrator:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope this helps

Waseemulla S, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect to certain websites

1. Can't connect to certain websites - Similar Threads - Can't connect certain

2. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  3. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  4. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet: When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will get a connection timed out error. If we attach a wifi adapted to the PC's then everything works. The websites work on our...
  5. Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to certain websites while connected to ethernet: When the PC's are connected to ethernet certain websites like all Microsoft websites, nvidia.com, and many others do not load. Most of the time will get a connection timed out error. If we attach a wifi adapted to the PC's then everything works. The websites work on our...
  6. Cant connect to certain websites that are online

Cant connect to certain websites that are online: Does anyone know why this occurs? Photo To list what I tried flushdns Uninstall Ethernet Driver No proxy No VPN Removed security programs Somehow mcafee got installed and it was horrible to uninstall Disabled firewall Tried on other browsers The sites work fine on my...
  7. Can't go to certain Websites

Can't go to certain Websites: Hello When I go to certain websites, it says that the page is not responding, but when I go to the website on my phone it works. One of the websites is GameStop, and even that, I can't access the website on my computer, but I can on my phone. Most of the websites I go to...
  8. Cannot Connect to Certain Websites

Cannot Connect to Certain Websites: This has been a problem for a few months now. Certain websites (like mega.nz and dropbox) will give me a connection error when I try to access them. This is true even if I change browsers, or even use my neighbor's wifi. I know it's not my own wifi, because I can use my...
  9. Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites

Not Able To Connect To Certain Websites: I Have Updated My Windows 10 Recently And Since I Did The Update, I Have Been Unable To Connect To Certain Websites Such As; https://store.steampowered.com/ https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/ https://discordapp.com/ I Tried Resetting (Keeping My Personal Files) And It...
  10. Can't reach a certain website

Can't reach a certain website: Hi to the tech guys of this forum I'm visiting a website of an US author about literature for number of years and participating at its forum. Now I suddenly don't have any access and I just get the answer that the website isn't responding (same thing for firefox, explorer...