Windows 10: cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :(

Discus and support cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XlutorS [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XlutorS, Apr 10, 2021.

1. cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :(

/u/XlutorS, Apr 10, 2021
  2. JoeCondy Win User

windows 10 ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration

Hello,

So here is the background. Running Windows 10 on Asus motherboard with i7 processor.

Integrated dual Ethernet network connections. My connection is cabled.

I have a second known working cable at my desk and have verified it is not cabling.

I have enabled and disabled both ethernet connections as well as the entire router set.

So as far as system diagnosis, the ethernet diagnostics come back with Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Searches on this forum have suggested the following process:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt This step failed the last operation.

Then I tried: ipconfig /release which failed on the first attempt. I had both ports disabled and after enabling the ports it completed.

Then I did: ipconfig /renew This failed with "an error occurred while renewing interface ethernet : unable to contact your DHCP server."

I had also tried to get the settings from ipconfig so I could ping the gateway, but there was no Default Gateway address.

So next thoughts please.Joe

JoeCondy, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Mayur N Win User
    Ethernet and wifi doesn't have a valid ip config

Hello

I am not able to connect to internet, whenever i try to run troubleshooter it shows error

"Ethernet does not have a valid ip config" and "wifi does not have a valid ip config"

I tried to solve this problem by many ways by taking refrence of many online websites.

Things i tried

1. Turn off the fast startup.

2. Uninstall and install network drivers both ethetnet and wifi.

3. Turn off ipv6 in both Ethernet and wifi.

4. Tried cmd commands

4.1 netsh winsock reset

4.2 netsh int ip reset

4.3 ipconfig /flushdns

Etc.

5. Make changes in regedet

6. Reboot the router and changed the lan cable.

7. Manually set the ip and dns of ipv4 in both Ethernet and Wifi.

8. Changed the duplex rate in advanced tab of both Ethernet and wifi.

9. Tried to connect internet via usb tethering, from Mobile.

10. Installed reliable multicast protcol.

11. Uninstall the Antivirus softwares.

Even after doing all this things my problem is not solved, and same error occurs.

What might be the possible cause and its solution.

Mayur N, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Cheftyy Win User

cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :(

"Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid IP Config Please help

Hello. Recently I built a new computer for gaming and installed Windows 10 Home 64bit. I connected my ethernet cable only to see that when I connected It it told me it was an Unidentified network. I troubleshooted the error and it told me that "Ethernet"
    doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I opened the command prompt and did ipconfig/release which worked. Then I entered ipconfig/renew and it told me that "an error occurred while renewing interface ethernet : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has
    timed out." I checked the DHCP client in the services app and it told me that it was running and that it was Automatic. Please help. And yes I have tried restarting my modem/router.

Cheftyy, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :(

1. cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :( - Similar Threads - cant connect ethernet

2. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  3. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  4. In valid IP configuration for Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In valid IP configuration for Ethernet: I am a new pc owner and have been using a WiFi dongle for the last couple of months but recently I have been looking for an upgrade to Ethernet. All I have is a Powerline wall adapter and a Ethernet cable but every time I connect the Ethernet cable to my pc and the adapter it...
  5. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP: I work from home, but lately I've been having issues with my internet dropping. I keep getting this message that the ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, but I never had this issue until anout month or so ago. What can I do to fix this? It's been making working from home very...
  6. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration: My computer out of the random disconnected from my ethernet connection, when I ran a troubleshoot it gave a no valid IP configuration. I plugged the ethernet into my laptop running Linux and it worked just fine. I have a realtek Gaming Gbe family contoller...
  7. ethernet no valid ip configuration (tried everything possible)

ethernet no valid ip configuration (tried everything possible): hi, so overnight i suddenly lost all internet, took few days but the issue got resolved except for my PC, my PC is the only one not able to connect to the internet now (lan), my laptop (also via lan) and smartphone (wlan) can connect without any issues. i did everything...
  8. Ethernet no valid ip config

Ethernet no valid ip config: I have tried almost everything trying to fix this. Playing games on wireless is too laggy but my Ethernet just won’t connect. What am I missing? How screwed up is my PC now after trying so many different methods to fix this? Is there any ~100% method that will finally rid me...
  9. Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP config

Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP config: I swear I have tried almost everything, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-config/e035d3a0-d608-45ca-9c0c-5a3cae5fb550
  10. cant renew ip config

cant renew ip config: cant renew my ip config because my media is disconnected these are my settings Name: Local Area Connection* 10 Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical address (MAC): 70:1c:e7:d4:cb:b0 Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4...