Windows 10: Can't connect to external display due to display driver error

Discus and support Can't connect to external display due to display driver error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/soumyaranjanmahunt [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/soumyaranjanmahunt, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Can't connect to external display due to display driver error

/u/soumyaranjanmahunt, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Connect External Display

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

The issue could be related to Display drivers then please try the steps provided to uninstall the
    Display Adapter from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    For reference please follow the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Can't connect to external display due to display driver error

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to external display due to display driver error

1. Can't connect to external display due to display driver error - Similar Threads - Can't connect external

2. Display blacking out due to "Monitor" Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display blacking out due to "Monitor" Drivers?: Hi there,I'm using an HP Pavilion Gaming laptop 9th generation. A few months back 2 at least, I noticed a very thin line at the very bottom of my screen. I didn't take it seriously but I soon realized that line was getting thicker day by day. I tried to update my device...
  3. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast unable to connect to external display: I have a laptop that will not connect to wireless displays by MiracastWhen connecting to a wireless display, the display provides a PIN code, but when I enter the PIN number, the connection fails with error "Couldn't connect to your device"I have 100+ of the same laptop in my...
  4. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast unable to connect to external display: I have a laptop that will not connect to wireless displays by MiracastWhen connecting to a wireless display, the display provides a PIN code, but when I enter the PIN number, the connection fails with error "Couldn't connect to your device"I have 100+ of the same laptop in my...
  5. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. External Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Display: I am trying to connect my surface go 3 as an external display for my laptop pc. I have followed all the steps and the pc recognizes the tablet as an output device as well. But it still won't connect. Finally, it shows a message saying unable to connect and to retry from the...
  7. External Display

External Display: I am trying to connect my surface go 3 as an external display for my laptop pc. I have followed all the steps and the pc recognizes the tablet as an output device as well. But it still won't connect. Finally, it shows a message saying unable to connect and to retry from the...
  8. Display isn't active - can't detect external displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display isn't active - can't detect external displays: Hi, nothing on the web, MS answers included, unfortunately, can help. About 2 weeks ago my Surface Go suddenly stopped detecting displays - at first Dell monitor and, after another week, a Sony TV and others. I'm using Windows 10, v 1809 with all updates installed. Both...
  9. Stuck connecting an external display

Stuck connecting an external display: I have different computers and different TVs, and I connect to TVs wireless and in a different way ... the problem I have is that on several occasions the image on the TVs freezes ... and when I come to my computer to try to solve the problem ... [ATTACH] windows 10 does...
  10. Connect No Display Laptop to external display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect No Display Laptop to external display: My Toshiba running laptop has display problem since the update of display driver. There were blue vertical lines on screen but now when I turn on the laptop, there's a black screen. I want to connect my laptop to my BRAVIA TV using HDMI cable. But there shows no signal and as...