Windows 10: Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop

Discus and support Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have had a similar experience to this one question asked a year ago: Can't connect to any game servers while laptop is charging. I did not do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by J LPZ, Oct 8, 2020.

1. J LPZ Win User

Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop

So I have had a similar experience to this one question asked a year ago: Can't connect to any game servers while laptop is charging. I did not do anything of what this person did to fix it, except to try and follow the steps from the guy who responded to his question. I don't understand, I did not have this issue until about a week ago. I try to boot up games with some kind of server or online hosting, such as Dead By Daylight, Stick Fight, or Genshin Impact, but they just don't let me load in, so there is an issue with connecting to these games while I have the charger hooked up to my laptop. The moment I unplug the charger, everything starts working again. At the same time, while I try to boot them up, my Internet also disconnects from using Steam or Discord, and again, being unplugged returns everything back to normal. Though, I can still use the Internet just fine while charging, just not when I'm trying to load up these games. How can I fix this? This is the laptop I got back in February: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GF63-9RC...=msi&qid=1580508548&s=electronics&sr=1-6&th=1

:)

J LPZ, Oct 8, 2020

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 8, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop

1. Can't connect to game servers while charging my laptop - Similar Threads - Can't connect game

2. My laptop connect and disconnect while i charge it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop connect and disconnect while i charge it: Its been 9 month and my laptop still do that, and i think the problem is not from my laptop because when my laptop shuted down, i can charge it no problem at all when it shut down. buuutt... when i turn it on, it goes connect and disconnect, i have try every method like...
  3. My laptop connect and disconnect while i charge it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop connect and disconnect while i charge it: Its been 9 month and my laptop still do that, and i think the problem is not from my laptop because when my laptop shuted down, i can charge it no problem at all when it shut down. buuutt... when i turn it on, it goes connect and disconnect, i have try every method like...
  4. My laptop connect and disconnect while i charge it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is my laptop good for gaming while charging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop good for gaming while charging?: So I have a new Dell laptop that has the AMD ryzen 5 feature with it. I was daring to play games on it like Roblox, Tap titans 2 and so forth. But my battery was draining fast whenever I play a game on it. I was tempting to charge it and play it, but I didn`t want to risk...
  6. Is my laptop good for gaming while charging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my laptop good for gaming while charging?: So I have a new Dell laptop that has the AMD ryzen 5 feature with it. I was daring to play games on it like Roblox, Tap titans 2 and so forth. But my battery was draining fast whenever I play a game on it. I was tempting to charge it and play it, but I didn`t want to risk...
  7. Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop charging disconnects Wifi while gaming: I have a Windows 10 Msi GF63 8RD gaming laptop, and whenever I try to go on any multiplayer game with my charger plugged in, my wifi disconnects and shows the “No internet, secured” message in the wifi tab. I have tried to run the network and internet troubleshooters,...
  8. Can't connect to game server

Can't connect to game server: I USED TO enjoy playing Bingo but the server connect error has gotten out of hand. One would think that the mega giant of computer software would be able to prevent the scammers from gaining access to your software. Any progress? Or have you just "swept it under the rug?"...
  9. Can't connect to any game servers while laptop is charging

Can't connect to any game servers while laptop is charging: My brother's laptop has been having this problem, which started on Wednesday, where he can't connect to any game servers while the laptop is plugged in to charge. I don't know why this is happening. I clean installed Windows to see if maybe some bloatware could have been...
  10. Charging While gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charging While gaming: Hello, I was wondering If I could charge my hp laptop while playing games just so I can increase my fps frame rate or would that just damage my laptop battery over the long term....