Windows 10: Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Discus and support Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zefir Zdravkov, May 29, 2020.

1. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Hello there,

I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot.

When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following message:
    "Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection."

I can connect to this network on my Windows 7 PC and my Android phone. Ethernet also works fine on Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 7 can't test that on Windows 10.

This issue is new and was never present before today.

Another minor issue regarding WiFi that I've had: The list of WiFi networks does not refresh if a new one comes up or if a WiFi goes down. To force a refresh, I have to toggle the WiFi off and on.
    In the case of the latter, Windows kept thinking that the WiFi was up, first showed a "!" symbol, then disconnected and retried connecting. After that, it kept the WiFi in the list but did not attempt to connect any further. I am not looking for a solution to this one as I can bear with it somehow; I'm pointing it out if it is relevant to the main issue anyhow.

:)

Zefir Zdravkov, May 29, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

'Not connected' doesn't necessarily mean the WiFi adapter isn't working, just that you have not yet connected to an available network. If it is working then a list of available WiFi names should appear when you click on the WiFi icon on the taskbar which looks like this
    Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices [​IMG]
    when not connected.

If the list is empty then either the antenna is not connected to the WiFi adapter or the adapter isn't working. This may be a driver problem rather than hardware, so look in Device Manager for any yellow warnings. Also check that the WiFi adapter is not disable in Device Manager.

3. brannell Win User
    Can´t connect to my Wifi network

Hi everyone,

I can´t connect to my Wifi from my desktop with Window 10. I had an ethernet cable before and it worked perfectly but now I can´t connect my computer to the router through the cable anymore.

For some reason it detects my wifi network but when i try to connect it says i cant connect.

I followed a few tutorials online of how to fix it and still didn´t work.

any help please???

thanks in advance

Ramon

brannell, May 29, 2020
  4. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

My Nokia Lumia 520 never had any connection problems, but today it won't connect not even when I press the WPS button on the modem or type the wifi password. I get the message:

''The Wifi network didn't respond, try again later''.

Wifi is working fine on all other devices (pc, laptop, tablet and other phones) so I'm guessing it's a phone issue? Phone's wifi was working fine yesterday.

Black Panther, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

1. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices - Similar Threads - Can't connect home

2. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  3. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect any other network / wifi: Hello, I'm having troubles connecting to Hotel WiFi on of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on computer to home network, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. However, I cannot connect to all hotel WiFi. I have travelling to many countries for business and I can connect all my...
  4. Unable to connect any other network / wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi

Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi: After I connect my notebook to my office wifi, I can't connect to other wifi anymore i.e. my smartphone hotspot. I did assume that my smartphone hotspot might goes wrong, but I've try to connect other device to my smartphone hotspot, and it works well. If I try to connect my...
  6. Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!: Wifi is on but it is not showing a single wifi connection, I have tried reinstalling of drivers from device managers but it doesn't work, kindly reply asap. What are the possible causes for the same, kindly give some suggestions. [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  8. can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network

can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network: i noticed that the wifi logo change [ATTACH] please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-connect-to-own-wifi-network-but-cant-connect/1464a6dc-5529-475e-95ca-9264272676b6
  9. Can't connect to one specific wifi network others devices can

Can't connect to one specific wifi network others devices can: OK this one is driving me crazy. I have an acer laptop with built in wifi. I purchased a USB wifi adapter which looked like an upgrade. I plugged it in and attempted to connect to my home wireless network (this was working as recently as yesterday). I keep getting the "can't...
  10. Hide Other WiFi connections

Hide Other WiFi connections: I live in quite a dense neighbourhood, meaning there are hundreds of wifi connections around. windows does it best to show me these, when in truth I do not need or want this long list. I only want my own connection and perhaps the HP network printer I have. seem to...