Windows 10: Can’t connect to hotspot

Discus and support Can’t connect to hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "Hi, i am using window 10, are up to date, why sometime can connect to my iphone 7plus (updated ios) hotspot via wifi, and sometimes cant, dont have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElvinTsai, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ElvinTsai Win User

Can’t connect to hotspot

"Hi, i am using window 10, are up to date, why sometime can connect to my iphone 7plus (updated ios) hotspot via wifi, and sometimes cant, dont have this issue before this, but recently most of the time i cant connect t hotspot through wifi"

The issue is can’t connect to this network every time i try to connect, i try many solution that i find online including forgot known network, uninstall and etc but its doesnt work . Thanks

:)

ElvinTsai, Oct 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Unable to connect to the Windows 10 hotspot

To assist your further, kindly answer these following questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done?
    • Have you checked you're internet connection?
    • Have you checked the settings of the devices that you're trying to connect with the mobile hotspot?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Can’t connect to hotspot

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Can’t connect to hotspot [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Can’t connect to hotspot

1. Can’t connect to hotspot - Similar Threads - Can’t connect hotspot

2. Hotspot connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotspot connection: Hello ..When I was connected to my mobile hotspot wirelessly , Mobile showing 2 connections but i connected only to laptop.so i used to check the IP address , both are same and last 2 digits are varying,it means within the laptop does someone spying my activities or kind of...
  3. Connecting to hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to hotspot: I have Windows 11 and have lots of trouble connecting to my hotspot. It connects without an issue from shutdown or startup; however, if I try to turn it on mid-use I have trouble connecting it occasionally picks up the wifi is available if I turn my hotspot on and off about...
  4. hotspot connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hotspot connection: Hi!!whenever I connect to my mobile hotspot , the laptop opens with "Bosch.com" ; before that "action needed" appears. How to remove this? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-connection/1def832e-dd08-4f09-8a90-b8a17d3b33a0
  5. HOTSPOT CONNECTION

HOTSPOT CONNECTION: When I try to connect my laptop to my Verizon Mobile Hotspot instead of putting in my password, it is telling me to look at my router and enter the PIN from the label. That it should be 8 digits usually. How in the world is my phone supposed to have a router number. Can...
  6. Hotspot connection

Hotspot connection: Hello, I have been trying for some time now to connect my acer laptop to my iphone 7 hotspot. When I first got the laptop, it connected fine, but it will not connect now. Other devices connect to the hotspot just fine so I know it is not my apple iphone causing the problem....
  7. Hotspot connection

Hotspot connection: My laptop mobile hotspot isn't connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-connection/5d8bcaa3-7c96-4472-bc81-b38ee2293582
  8. Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot through usb: I can’t connect to my iPhones hotspot using usb. I have WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular date and the sharing option on. I tried with both the traditional usb and usb c. The PC detects my phone and asks me what to do with it but it doesn’t detect my hotspot. This is a fresh build...
  9. hotspot connection

hotspot connection: I am using Airtel 4G Dongel on windows 10 and the device is not connecting to cellular network, as hotspot needs cellular network Cand any one help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-connection/cabb1d3b-cc9c-46ef-b996-fc0fa65fb06b
  10. Hotspot connection

Hotspot connection: Whenever I connect my laptop to my mobile through mobile hotspot for internet usage, I am unable to use the internet and I see "NO INTERNET" written beside my device name. But when I use other mobiles there is no such problem. What should I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotspot on a dial-up connection in windows 10

2. what can be done when windows phone cant connect to wifi

3. cant connect hotspot using dial up windows 10