Windows 10: Can't connect to internet after crash

Discus and support Can't connect to internet after crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was playing Rocket League and both my monitors went black for a few seconds and crashed. When I started the game again, it did the same thing but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thepigeonman3, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Can't connect to internet after crash

I was playing Rocket League and both my monitors went black for a few seconds and crashed. When I started the game again, it did the same thing but my whole PC became unresponsive and I had to restart it. When I restarted it, I couldn't connect to the internet.

My USB network adapter still works (to an extent) as it flashes like normal and my PC knows that it's connected, and when I tried another network adapter, that didn't work and it didn't do anything differently to my normal one.

Whenever I try to open my network settings, settings immediately crashes. On the bottom right of my taskbar, the network icon has disappeared. I'm able to open it from the control panel but it doesn't show any network options or settings, similar to if I unplugged the adapter.

I can at least open my network settings in safe mode (with network), but everything else is the same.

I've tried restarting my PC multiple times, unplugging my network adapter and changing USB slots, and restarting my modem but nothing works. I can't seem to find anything online that matches my issue, just wondering if anybody has any advice. Thanks!

submitted by /u/thepigeonman3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thepigeonman3, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to internet after crash

1. Can't connect to internet after crash - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  3. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update: I have been unable to connect to the internet since quality update KB5031356 was installed automatically yesterday. I'm running windows 10. Was running fine immediately before the update, and has not worked since.Will connect to wifi network, but have no access to internet....
  4. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update: I have been unable to connect to the internet since quality update KB5031356 was installed automatically yesterday. I'm running windows 10. Was running fine immediately before the update, and has not worked since.Will connect to wifi network, but have no access to internet....
  5. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  7. Can't connect to the internet

Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  8. can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't connect to internet: sometimes when i use my acer laptop, the wifi icon is randomly a little sphere thing and it can't find any wifi networks at all. after i restart my computer, it goes back to the wifi icon and automatically connects to my home wifi. i've tried troubleshooting when it's in that...
  9. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Cant connect through wifi or ethernet chord Both are enabled Network not being blocked by firewall Network discovery is turned on A long line 4 dashes and another long line under network status Troubleshoot says it can't find the problem...
  10. Cannot connect to the internet browser after crashing

Cannot connect to the internet browser after crashing: My PC crashed and I had to hard restart my PC but now I received a lot of issues connected with sound and internet access. I managed to get sound working but all my attempts to connect to the internet browser have no effect....