Windows 10: Cant connect to Internet after doing a reset

Discus and support Cant connect to Internet after doing a reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have done a reset as I couldn't get out of a Grey screen, after reloading and putting in relevant Country details etc, it comes up with I need a update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wyndra1, Mar 24, 2020.

1. wyndra1 Win User

Cant connect to Internet after doing a reset

Have done a reset as I couldn't get out of a Grey screen, after reloading and putting in relevant Country details etc, it comes up with I need a update but cant connect to Internet and goes back to previous page, I need help here please.

:)

wyndra1, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

I have to constantly reset connection,Internet disconnects frequently,attaching Wlan Report

Hi
    Ashita,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your internet connection keeps on disrupting. It is possible that your
    drivers are outdated, TCP/IP
    needs to be reset/reconfigure, or the issue is within your internet connection itself. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and let us know if you notice any changes:

Method 1: Network and Internet Troubleshooter.

To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections

• Network Adapter

• Incoming Connections

Method 2: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your
    WiFi connection.

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

We'll be waiting for your updates regarding the issue.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue. Also install all pending Windows updates Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Step 1: Reset Internet Explorer.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Step 2: Reset Microsoft Edge.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.
    Do let us know if you are able to get stable internet connection. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 24, 2020
  4. ps957 Win User

After upgrading to windows 10, internet connectivity drops frequently for some applications, but not all

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My answers are interleaved with your questions.

• In which browser are you facing this issue e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    Multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Firefox

• Do you get any error message?
      • In Chrome, I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" as the error message
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
      • Yes. It is continuously getting updated.
    • Do you face connection fluctuation in Ethernet connection?
      • No. The internet connection is a solid 40Mb downlink. The same problem occurs when I'm hooked to a different internet service provider.
    • Is the issue specific to any particular website?
      • No, it occurs when I'm accessing multiple web sites. It is not related to any web site.

I suggest you to try connecting to Ethernet connection and check if face same issue.

The problem occurs when I'm using wired ethernet, an internal wifi card, or an external wifi usb dongle.

Also install all pending Windows updates I.

I just checked it . It is up to date.

Further you can refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

I'm not going to spend time on these other steps, since as I mentioned it occurs on multiple browsers, and it is not tied to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, unless you give me a good reason to do so.

Thank you.

ps957, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant connect to Internet after doing a reset - Similar Threads - Cant connect Internet

2. Cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect to internet: Model: HP All-in-One 22-c0xxBought 2018Windows 10Hi,just updated the hard drive on my PC to an SSD and it reset everything. Ive managed to get windows installed however its not able to detect my WIFI network? IIRC my model should have a built in WIFI adapter so i shouldnt...
  3. cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant connect to internet: Hello, the problem is with internet i connected to ethernet but it is not howing internet it is showing you can connectto devices on ur local network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/d458e959-fdb6-4bf7-af09-0e95893033d8
  4. Cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to internet: I buy this laptop DELL yesterday then I download an application for my work then it can't detect the connection while google chrome is okay and fast. I also check my internet, it fine and PING ms :9 , DOWNLOAD :111.52 ,Mbps UPLOAD :20.75Mbps .Can someone help me I really...
  5. Cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant connect to internet: I buy this laptop DELL yesterday then I download an application for my work then it can't detect the connection while google chrome is okay and fast. I also check my internet, it fine and PING ms :9 , DOWNLOAD :111.52 ,Mbps UPLOAD :20.75Mbps .Can someone help me I really...
  6. Cant connect to internet !

Cant connect to internet !: so basicly this has been a long process of me trying to solve my issue. let me explain, i can connect to wifi and Ethernet and both of them say "connected" but i cant access any online services (chrome, gta, csgo, steam ect ect) sometimes it will have the yellow error symbol...
  7. cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant connect to internet: Im having a problem useing the internet, my intel(R) wireless-AC 9560 has a code 10 error. Will going back to a previous version of Windows 10 fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/34b8068d-dbe4-4dae-a4d9-96f69368bb52
  8. cant connect to internet

cant connect to internet: Hi.i use a acer aspire e 15 laptop.Started it up today and i cant get on the internet,its showing i have a good connection and i ran the truble shooter and that said their is no problem,other pc's in the homw have no problem with the internet.Any help please 122834
  9. cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Support
    cant connect to internet: Hi.i use a acer aspire e 15 laptop.Started it up today and i cant get on the internet,its showing i have a good connection and i ran the trouble shooter and that said their is no problem,other pc's in the home have no problem with the internet.Any help please 122835
  10. cant connect to internet

in Windows 10 Support
    cant connect to internet: Hi.i use a acer aspire e 15 laptop.Started it up today and i cant get on the internet,its showing i have a good connection and i ran the truble shooter and that said their is no problem,other pc's in the homw have no problem with the internet.Any help please 122834