Windows 10: Can't connect to internet after Windows update

Discus and support Can't connect to internet after Windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get status message "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James L Taylor, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Can't connect to internet after Windows update

I get status message "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)"

James L Taylor, Dec 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 17, 2018
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Techtu Win User

Can't connect to internet after Windows update

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Can't connect to internet after Windows update :)

Techtu, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't connect to internet after Windows update

1. Can't connect to internet after Windows update - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update: I have been unable to connect to the internet since quality update KB5031356 was installed automatically yesterday. I'm running windows 10. Was running fine immediately before the update, and has not worked since.Will connect to wifi network, but have no access to internet....
  3. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update: I have been unable to connect to the internet since quality update KB5031356 was installed automatically yesterday. I'm running windows 10. Was running fine immediately before the update, and has not worked since.Will connect to wifi network, but have no access to internet....
  4. Can't connect to internet after KB5031356 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11

Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11: So after I've updated to Win11 all of my apps Adobe CC, Battle.net, Onedrive, Windows Smart Screen, Windows store, Armoury Crate, etc can't connect to the internet. However, the PC itself is connected and I can use Chrome and Edge.I've tried running all of the...
  6. Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11: So after I've updated to Win11 all of my apps Adobe CC, Battle.net, Onedrive, Windows Smart Screen, Windows store, Armoury Crate, etc can't connect to the internet. However, the PC itself is connected and I can use Chrome and Edge.I've tried running all of the...
  7. Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11: So straight after I've updated to Win11 all of my apps Adobe CC, Battle.net, Onedrive, Windows Smart Screen, Windows store etc can't connect to the internet. However, the PC itself is connected and I can use Chrome, Telegram and WhatsApp just fine. I've tried running all of...
  8. Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11

Apps can't connect to internet after update to Win11: So straight after I've updated to Win11 all of my apps Adobe CC, Battle.net, Onedrive, Windows Smart Screen, Windows store etc can't connect to the internet. However, the PC itself is connected and I can use Chrome, Telegram and WhatsApp just fine. I've tried running all of...
  9. Can't connect to internet or update drivers after June update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to internet or update drivers after June update: Ok so I use a lenovo v110-15ast laptop on windiws 10 and have installed the june update for windows 10. After this, windows security centre notified me that a driver is outdated but would not update on its own. So after ~3hrs of searching I used the official Lenovo system...
  10. Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update: It took about 3 hrs in install. After PC restarted it showed error message indicating cable wasn't connected (which it was) Could NOT uninstall network adapter drivers. Tried to restart with firewall off. Do I have to uninstall anti-virus program for this...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant connect to the internet after update

2. windows update cant connect to internet

3. cant connect to the internet after updates

4. win10 v1809 cant connect to internet after updated,
  5. after every windows update i cant connect to internet