Windows 10: Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

Discus and support Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have Win 10, and just moved house, last house had virgin media fibre and the internet to main PC would disappear 2-3 times daily, but wifi was ok.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michaeldelahay, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

Have Win 10, and just moved house, last house had virgin media fibre and the internet to main PC would disappear 2-3 times daily, but wifi was ok.

Virgin came out and checked the line & router twice, and said the line was perfect at 100 meg, changed the router to be safe and the problem still occurred.

To resolve the issue, we had to restart the PC and router 3-4 times and eventually the main internet would come back. We have just moved to a non-virgin area and had to go with BT, first couple of days were fine, then the problem restarted.

So by the process of elimination, I'm assuming it's the PC and not, both BT and Virgin, so installed a new Ethernet card in case the stock one on the motherboard was Kaput and the problem still exists.

Has anyone had a similar problem? the specs and version below...

Intel Core i7-7700k @4.20GHzx

32 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Windows 10 Home Ver 1803

Build 17134.345

:)

michaeldelahay, Oct 17, 2018
  2. michael Win User

Router with Fiber channel port for internet connection at home

Hi Guys,

My internet provider is ready to provide me internet through fiber channel as his internet providing(racks,switches) setup room is just 10 meters away from my home.

-Would you suggest me some routers of some equipment which can satisfy my fiber internet setup at home with WiFi facility?

-is there any adapter I can use to connect to PC(motherboard)?

-Will it be more expensive?

Thanks
    Michael.

michael, Oct 17, 2018
  3. belitsky Win User
    How to share internet connection from desktop to wifi through router?

Hey guys,
    can you help me set up home network?
    I have a D-Link Dir-300 router, desktop pc with two network cards on board and notebook with wifi. And internet through local network vpn.

I want to connect internet to my desktop pc (cause it's faster then dir-300 connection) and then to dir-300 from second lan port for wifi sharing.
    And use wifi on notebook.

How should i set up this?

belitsky, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have a wifi router setup,
    internet on my laptop works fine which is connected on wireless
    but my pc which is connected through lan with wifi router get disconnected after some time, and to make it work I have to disable and then enable it.

Please help regarding this issue.

smartali89, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

1. Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router: My window 11 can't connect to my wifi 6 router using the AX protocol, the network shows in the tray but when trying to connect it simply says it cannot connect to it.Funnily enough it connects normally if I change the wireless adapter properties to use the AC band instead,...
  3. Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't connect to wifi 6 router: My window 11 can't connect to my wifi 6 router using the AX protocol, the network shows in the tray but when trying to connect it simply says it cannot connect to it.Funnily enough it connects normally if I change the wireless adapter properties to use the AC band instead,...
  4. No internet, wifi is fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, wifi is fine: Help! I've tried EVERYTHING! I was on my laptop until 2am, everything was working fine. Went to bed leaving several tabs open in Google to continue my work in the am. I have a Dell Inspiron, running windows 10. I woke in the morning to find my computer was off, I Thought that...
  5. No internet, wifi is fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet, wifi is fine: Help! I've tried EVERYTHING! I was on my laptop until 2am, everything was working fine. Went to bed leaving several tabs open in Google to continue my work in the am. I have a Dell Inspiron, running windows 10. I woke in the morning to find my computer was off, I Thought that...
  6. No internet, wifi is fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Connection to WiFi router

Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  8. Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...: So I connected my PC to this wifi router it's a Fritz!box 7590 for the first time and for some reason it can't even reach a speed of 100 Kbit/s, though our internet has an average of 150 Mbit/s. I thought a simple restarting of the computer and the router would help but it...
  9. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...
  10. WiFi won't stay connected? Can't reset router

WiFi won't stay connected? Can't reset router: So recently, I've built my own pc with a qualcomm atheros ar9287 wifi adapter. The first day I tested it, it worked fine. Today, it would not stay connected to the network. The connection keeps disappearing, despite it showing up on my phone and laptop. Eventually, the...