Windows 10: Can't connect to internet from within windows application (store, office)

Discus and support Can't connect to internet from within windows application (store, office) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since some time ago I am not able to connect to the internet from within microsoft application. I get the error 0x800704cf when I try to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wackenmail, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Can't connect to internet from within windows application (store, office)

Since some time ago I am not able to connect to the internet from within microsoft application. I get the error 0x800704cf when I try to connect to the internet from within the store (to download apps) or from the office suite (can't reactivate my expired license) and can't even create a new account, because it needs internet connection. Every other application, like browser, spotify... work perfectly fine.

I tried to ping microsoft.com but I always got a request timeout.

One reason that It doesn't work could be that I moved to a different country and different time zone.

Would appreciate the help

My windows version is Windows 10 Home Version 1903

And my Device is A Lenovo Legion Y520

:)

wackenmail, Dec 7, 2019

2. Apps from Windows store 10 do not connect to internet

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you able to connect to internet and browse?
    • Is this issue specific to Windows Store apps?
    • Are you facing this issue in Local account or Microsoft account?
    Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: If installed from the Windows store try to run a
    Windows Store app troubleshooter
    and check.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue doesn’t resolve then try next step.

Step 2: Run inbuilt Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    • Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 7, 2019
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Ruz San Win User

Can't connect to internet from within windows application (store, office)

Some applications can't connect to internet! Windows 10

Hi,

Some changes may have been applied that prevent your programs on the computer from connecting to the Internet. Kindly answer the following questions for us to come up with the most appropriate resolution to the problem:

• What error message do you get when you open the applications?
    • What are some of the affected programs?
    • Did this start after installing updates?

If the problem is specific to Windows Store apps, you can try running the tool available on this

page

Also, please check your Proxy settings on the computer. Refer to these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Open Network & Internet.
    • Go to Proxy.
    • Switch off Use a proxy server.

Let us know if the suggestions help you fix the problem.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect to internet from within windows application (store, office)

1. Can't connect to internet from within windows application (store, office) - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  3. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  4. Some applications can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications can't connect to the internet.: Pretty much as the title says. It won't connect to certain applications such as Microsoft Store, and some games on steam / other programs that require internet.I've tried:sfc scan which shows corrupted files but that is unrelated since this problem arose recently, but if you...
  5. Some applications can't connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications can't connect to the internet.: Pretty much as the title says. It won't connect to certain applications such as Microsoft Store, and some games on steam / other programs that require internet.I've tried:sfc scan which shows corrupted files but that is unrelated since this problem arose recently, but if you...
  6. Windows Store not connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store not connected to the internet.: Hello, I've been trying to get help everywhere but no one is helping. Microsoft was no help at all either they literally did nothing for me. Basically I can't play Minecraft anymore and I believe its because I'm unable to sign into the Microsoft store due to it not being...
  7. Some applications can't connect to internet! Windows 10

Some applications can't connect to internet! Windows 10: such as steam, telegram, omen command center. example app that can connect internet are chrome, spotify etc i have test with my other windows 8 laptop..theres no problem....
  8. Can't install application from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install application from Windows Store: I've recently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, hoping to install sea of theives on my PC. Opening the microsoft store I was able to click on the install button, but after clicking on it, and selecting the drive I wanted to install it on, the window just closes and I'm...
  9. Can't download an application from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download an application from the Microsoft Store: hi I want to download application from Microsoft store but it deny and giving a message ( turn on window update So Store can show you the stuff that works best on your device. ) and I confused , what to do * Original title: good evening...
  10. No Internet Connections for Apps from Windows Store

No Internet Connections for Apps from Windows Store: Hi, I am using Windows 10 for 9 Months now, and I've never had any problems. Since yesterday apps from Windows Store do not have internet access. All other "manually" installed applications work just fine. To test if it is really the Windows Store, I've downloaded some...