Windows 10: Can't connect to known network printer.

Discus and support Can't connect to known network printer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have setup a network and printer sharing on my main lap top (mainlaptop). I have then connected another laptop (helensstudy) that has two users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drwebtest, Sep 23, 2015.

1. drwebtest Win User

Can't connect to known network printer.

I have setup a network and printer sharing on my main lap top (mainlaptop).

I have then connected another laptop (helensstudy) that has two users assigned.

When the first user signs in they can print via mainlaptop no problem but if they sign out and the 2nd user signs in although they can see the network printer on \\mainlaptop\brother DCP-145C printer they can't connect or print to it, they just get the error message 'unable to connect' yet all the settings are the same. Both user have administrator rites.

What could be wrong?

:)

drwebtest, Sep 23, 2015
  2. drwebtest Win User

Can't connect to known printer on homegroup.

drwebtest, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Can't connect to known printer on homegroup.

I have the exact same problem. The Microsoft engineers fix did NOT work....
    sigh

BucketRider, Sep 23, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Hi

Can you search on Print Management and then double click on All Printers, you should see your printer in the list. Select that printer and then select More Actions on the right of the window. Have you selected Share this printer?

Regards

UKMedia, Sep 24, 2015
  5. JOS
    jos Win User
    Are you runing W10-pro or W10-home?
    I found that W10-home offers you a more relaxed and automaticly correct sharing of devices and folders in a home network.

Thema:

1. Can't connect to known network printer. - Similar Threads - Can't connect known

2. No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi networks found but still connecting to known networks: I've noticed recently that my laptop can't see any wifi networks, despite connecting to known routers. This will be an issue when I travel.I have tried resetting the network and rolling back the wifi adapter to the previous version with no success.According to the Windows...
  3. Can't connect printer to home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect printer to home network: I can’t connect my HP 2700 printer to my internet.I think I know the reason why. It automatically connects to a network called HP=Setup<5F_DeskJet 2700 series.I can’t ‘ignore’ that network and ive turned ‘automatically connect to this network’ off.Every time I try to connect...
  4. Can't connect printer to home network

Can't connect printer to home network: I can’t connect my HP 2700 printer to my internet.I think I know the reason why. It automatically connects to a network called HP=Setup<5F_DeskJet 2700 series.I can’t ‘ignore’ that network and ive turned ‘automatically connect to this network’ off.Every time I try to connect...
  5. Can't connect printer to home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709: I went to advanced shared settings and disabled "Password protected sharing" so everyone can access the printer.But when trying to connect it gives the 0x00000709 error. What should I do?The host is windows 11 with all updates, the PC which need to access printers are one w10...
  7. Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709

Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709: I went to advanced shared settings and disabled "Password protected sharing" so everyone can access the printer.But when trying to connect it gives the 0x00000709 error. What should I do?The host is windows 11 with all updates, the PC which need to access printers are one w10...
  8. Known Network Not Connecting

Known Network Not Connecting: My computer won't connect to known wifi at my home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/known-network-not-connecting/7c279bde-16f9-4028-8adb-cca8cf01e0a8
  9. Can't connect to network printer

Can't connect to network printer: Hello Good People. Can anyone help with this problem, please? I'm having no luck at all printing to a HP Photosmart 7760 usb printer (old, like me, but still works well), which is connected to an iMac, through a wired home network. The printer works perfectly from the...
  10. Printer visible on network but can't connect

Printer visible on network but can't connect: Hello, all. Any help much appreciated: just switched to Win 10. My HP wifi-connected printer shows up as a device on my network, but the printer connect wizard can't find it. Have reconnected printer a few times, restarted, etc. Still can't connect. Need to fix this one...