Windows 10: Can’t connect to LAN after 15 Mac 2021 update

Discus and support Can’t connect to LAN after 15 Mac 2021 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Yesterday I received a notification saying that I need to update to new version of Window 10 and naturally I accepted. and today I am logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FamzMHJ, Mar 15, 2021.

1. FamzMHJ Win User

Can’t connect to LAN after 15 Mac 2021 update

Hello.

Yesterday I received a notification saying that I need to update to new version of Window 10 and naturally I accepted.

and today I am logged out of my ethernet connection, with authentification failed notice on my adapter. I tried few solution posted in this community but none worked.

what happened? What should I do to get my connection back?

:)

FamzMHJ, Mar 15, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 15, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Mar 15, 2021
  4. rtcary Win User

Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network

I have a Mac on my LAN and until today, it was visible under Networks and I could connect to it. Today, it does not show, yet the Mac can connect to the Windows 10 computer. To my knowledge, no changes have been made to my small office network (Windows 10, Mac, Centos 7 server). Of course, Microsoft can do things without my knowledge.

Are there some diagnostics I can run from a Command line? I did run ipconfig /renew and received this message:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

However, I do get this for 192.168.1.16, the IP of the Windows 10 computer:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ddad:b846:b4a9:8e61%16 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.16 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Thank you for any help/suggestions...

\rtc

rtcary, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Can’t connect to LAN after 15 Mac 2021 update - Similar Threads - Can’t connect LAN

2. WIndows 10 Update 09/15/2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 Update 09/15/2021: My PC updated Windows 10 on the date listed above. The system didn't properly update and by following the list of fixes, now my PC is completely blank screen with no logo or boot sequence.Here is what I tried:1. Boot Sequence came up System thread exception not handled with...
  3. Can’t connect to Internet; issue with WiFi and LAN adapters after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t connect to Internet; issue with WiFi and LAN adapters after a BIOS update: Running a Win10 OS on a Dell Precision 7520 laptop work issued machine—Booted up this morning to a Dell Command BIOS update request. After running update I was no longer able to connect to WiFi or Ethernet. Also, search box in task bar stopped working after update. I have...
  4. Wi Fi connection disruptions after Jan 15, 2021 Update for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connection disruptions after Jan 15, 2021 Update for Windows 10: I have Windows 10-64bit. The updates this past year seem to result in random WiFi dropping throughout the following day. Most have resolved in a day or two, but this last one on 1/15/21 has been a huge headache. I've worked through all the Microsoft suggestions except for...
  5. Windows 10 Pro won't connect to a Mac on my LAN

Windows 10 Pro won't connect to a Mac on my LAN: On my LAN I have a desktop PC and a laptop both running Windows 10 Pro. I also have two MacBook Pros, one older one running High Sierra 10.13.6, the newer one on Catalina 10.16.7. Both of the Macs have exactly the same network settings, well except for their IP and MAC...
  6. LAN connection

LAN connection: On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available....
  7. Windows updates Connecting to Mac

Windows updates Connecting to Mac: Every time Windows forces me to update I can no longer access the MAC computers on my network. Everything will be working perfectly fine and then bam they gotta mess with it. Last time I tried everything to fix it. Didnt get fixed until the next update. Now this update...
  8. LAN Connectivity Problem After 1903 Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LAN Connectivity Problem After 1903 Update.: Hey, I have update my windows 10 to version 1903. I use my college proxy LAN connection for internet. Before update it used to work really fine, but after updating it is always showing Unidentified Network though all my settings are fine. In order to get internet I need to...
  9. After Annivesery update all LAN-connections lost

After Annivesery update all LAN-connections lost: Greetings. Updated 2 PC's. After update they can't find anything on LAN except the printer. My LAN is 2 PC's a WD Live TV -box (linux) and a network-printer. Before the upgrate it worked fine. Is there a setting, that I need to change to get LAN working again? The...
  10. Connecting to a Mac

Connecting to a Mac: Hey, Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am unable to connect to my MacBook Pro. I have attached the screenshot to show the where you enter the network credentials but it will not accept. It is simple. You enter the mac username and password and hit OK. Anyone else had...