Windows 10: Can't connect to laptop after windows 10 reset

Discus and support Can't connect to laptop after windows 10 reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I have tried to reset my windows 10 with keeping my files. After it reset, I can no longer log in to my laptop, it says that the password is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Evaldas23, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Evaldas23 Win User

Can't connect to laptop after windows 10 reset

Hello. I have tried to reset my windows 10 with keeping my files. After it reset, I can no longer log in to my laptop, it says that the password is incorrect, but I know it is correct, I check on eye symbol, also, I tried to undo changes and password worked again. After I reset Windows one more time, password is wrong again. Safe mode didint help. I checked so many forums from 3-5 years ago ant there is still no clear fix.

Help me access my laptop, cause for some reason microsoft doesnt recognize my password

:)

Evaldas23, Feb 7, 2021

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Can't connect to laptop after windows 10 reset pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't connect to laptop after windows 10 reset - Similar Threads - Can't connect laptop

2. Cant connect to wifi after reset laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to wifi after reset laptop: So basically after i started my laptopDell Inspiron 15 3000, it asked me the language, my keyboard layout, and brought me to this screen. But ny wifi is not showing up so what am I supposed to do?...
  3. Cant connect to wifi after reset laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect to wifi after reset laptop: So basically after i started my laptopDell Inspiron 15 3000, it asked me the language, my keyboard layout, and brought me to this screen. But ny wifi is not showing up so what am I supposed to do?...
  4. Can't reset window or can't connect to something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset window or can't connect to something: when i trying to reset my window i seems normal.But when its almsot finsh.i said there is a problem and no things changed.I got hacked before.thats why i thinkis there any methol i can do to reset?...
  5. Can't reset window or can't connect to something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset window or can't connect to something: when i trying to reset my window i seems normal.But when its almsot finsh.i said there is a problem and no things changed.I got hacked before.thats why i thinkis there any methol i can do to reset?...
  6. Can't reset window or can't connect to something

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bluetooth headphone is paired but can't connect to windows (after reset)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphone is paired but can't connect to windows (after reset): So a few days ago I reset my computer and since then I can't seem to connect my headphones to my pc anymore (was not a problem before the reset). In the Bluetooth settins windows I always get the message 'That didn't work. Make sure your bluetooth device is still...
  8. Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop: I can't reset windows 10 on my laptop after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-in-my-laptop/c0938d7f-26a0-4991-b863-bd026cb15118
  9. Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop: I am not able to reset my laptop which have windows 10 after update my laptop get corrupted and after that I was not able to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-in-my-laptop/ad49a366-d91c-479c-bd3f-eefc1c22a3f5
  10. Laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi after reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi after reset: Hello everyone, Recently, I found that my router wasn't connecting with my laptop or other devices. This sometimes happens overnight, and a quick unplug generally fixes the issue. That, and various other fixes I am used to using, did not work this time. I ended up...