Windows 10: Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

Discus and support Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run a server with my own domain, I contacted my domain host because I could not connect to my server using domain after my public IP had changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kyle2kxx, Mar 8, 2019.

1. kyle2kxx Win User

Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

I run a server with my own domain, I contacted my domain host because I could not connect to my server using domain after my public IP had changed after updating the A record within the domain interface, (though I could connect via IP) but my host told me to flush DNS, and so I did. Now I can not connect to my server after a windows reinstall and resetting my router to defaults. The ports are forwarded correctly, I checked using a port checker.

:)

kyle2kxx, Mar 8, 2019
  2. LeonLaude Win User

DNS SERVER NOT RESONDING

Hi Rita French,

This issue often occurs when the DNS settings are incorrect. I suggest you to perform the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1:

I would recommend you to change the Preferred DNS server and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window, type
      ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
    • Right-click on the connection that you use for the local connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click
      Properties.
    • In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the Preferred DNS server to
    • Click OK twice to complete the modification.

Note: If the issue persists, please repeat the steps and change the "Preferred DNS server" to 208.67.220.220.

Method 2:

If that does not help, try to flush the DNS. Follow these steps below.

• From Start screen, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
    • Type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Note: The ipconfig /flushdns command provides you with a means to flush and reset the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, if necessary, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well
    as, any other dynamically added entries.

Hope any of these methods help!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

DNS flush, what is it and is it necessary

Considering his suggestions and the new law, which allows ISP to sell your browsing data, I guess he tries to improve your privacy. To sum it up, you could use non-ISP DNS via dnscrypt (so DNS requests will be encrypted) and CCleaner (it cleans history and flushes DNS cache) and that is just for starters.

Top 10 Best Public DNS Servers & Fastest DNS Servers 2017

TairikuOkami, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

1. Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush - Similar Threads - Can't connect Minecraft

2. Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS: So i was looking up some solutions on how to fix lag spikes on the game Lethal Company and found an article with some solutions, i used the following method:Here’s how to clear DNS cache?Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.Then press the Windows key +...
  3. Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS: So i was looking up some solutions on how to fix lag spikes on the game Lethal Company and found an article with some solutions, i used the following method:Here’s how to clear DNS cache?Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.Then press the Windows key +...
  4. Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  6. Shortcut to flush DNS Cache

Shortcut to flush DNS Cache: I am trying to create a shortcut to flush my DNS cache to avoid having to open the command prompt and enter the ipconfig command each time. I have seen two methods to supposedly do this. In the first method, I create a batch file with the ipconfig.exe /flushdns command, save...
  7. Flush DNS Cache

Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  8. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  9. Minecraft can't connect to Server's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft can't connect to Server's: Minecraft "Windows 10" editions is "Gaming on Windows 10" (Moderator) ! Even with all ports of game in forwarding (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live) configured in the Router I can't connect to Servers of Minecraft (servers...
  10. Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache

Can't connect to any network; can't flush DNS cache: I'm using windows 10 64 bit ad an administrator. I can't connect to the internet. I just keep getting "Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain" on Chrome. I've tried running windows troubleshooter and it says "Troubleshooting can't identify the problem." I've set my ipv4 DNS addresses...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cannot connect wifi inspite of dns flush