Windows 10: Can't connect to network with new computer

Discus and support Can't connect to network with new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have just got a new computer, should be networked to the other computer, always worked with the old computer. Wifi is working ok, why can't I see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Melntjs, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Melntjs Win User

Can't connect to network with new computer

Have just got a new computer, should be networked to the other computer, always worked with the old computer.

Wifi is working ok, why can't I see the main computer / files I need???

:)

Melntjs, Jan 7, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Can't connect to network with new computer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Can't connect to network with new computer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't connect to network with new computer - Similar Threads - Can't connect network

2. can't connect to networked computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect to networked computer: I have a W11 laptop that I can't connect to from a W11 desktop; laptop is connected via wifi and desktop via ethernet. Have tried disabling firewall but no luck. The desktop can see the laptop but get a popup saying Windows cannot access the laptop. Funny thing is, I can...
  3. can't connect to networked computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't connect to networked computer: I have a W11 laptop that I can't connect to from a W11 desktop; laptop is connected via wifi and desktop via ethernet. Have tried disabling firewall but no luck. The desktop can see the laptop but get a popup saying Windows cannot access the laptop. Funny thing is, I can...
  4. computer can't connect to the Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer can't connect to the Network: Hey All,Im at the office, my computer does not connect to the Wi-Fi, i use the docking station and i have a sim card from the company.on the hone it works properly***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  5. computer can't connect to the Network

computer can't connect to the Network: Hey All,Im at the office, my computer does not connect to the Wi-Fi, i use the docking station and i have a sim card from the company.on the hone it works properly***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  6. computer can't connect to the Network

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't connect two computers on same network

Can't connect two computers on same network: Hello.Ever since Microsoft in its ever infinite wisdom, because they think they know what we want got rid of the HOME NETWORK or whatever it was called, and was extremely easy to use, I haven't been able to connect my two computers on the same network. I've tried all the...
  8. Can't Connect to Networked Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect to Networked Computer: First thank you for your time and help. I am very new to all of this and have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have two computers in my home. Both running Windows 10. I have both networked. Computer B can see and access all the folders I shared on Computer A, but Computer A...
  9. Can't connect to this network on a new laptop

Can't connect to this network on a new laptop: Lenovo S145-15" My downstairs net is worse because it needs to get through 4 thick walls and books to get to me, but my upstairs one is one meter above me and one meter away, thus the latter is better. My downstairs net can connect fine, but my upstairs one can't. This is...
  10. New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??

New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??: Hey All, My father bought a brand new HP pavilion desktop. Pretty nice machine. I7, 16gb ram, all that and the bag of chips. Anyways, his internet access is through his landlords wireless. This desktop comes equipped with a modern AC wireless adapter. We turned the...