Windows 10: "Can't Connect to Network"

Discus and support "Can't Connect to Network" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong place but I'm not sure whether it's OS related, network related or hardware related at this stage. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Furiously, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Furiously Win User

"Can't Connect to Network"

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong place but I'm not sure whether it's OS related, network related or hardware related at this stage.

I have a laptop in a home environment that WAS running windows 10 absolutely fine. Out of no where it decided it didn't want to connect to my WiFi (Virgin is the ISP, also using a Super Hub). The weird thing was it was asking me for a username as well as a password. After some Googling and trying every possible solution I got no where. I could eventually get it to connect after about half an hour of constant reboots, deleting the wireless profile and netcfg -d commands. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless driver with no joy. Resetting the router eventually did the tick after about 7 tries, it lasted for 2 or so days and then the same thing happened again. Rinse and repeat 3 times and I was so sick of the problem I used the recovery partition on my laptop to restore it to factory (I literally only use it for random internet browsing anyway so I wasn't going to lose anything).

A complete wipe and a downgrade to windows 8.1 later, it still won't connect however it's just saying the password is incorrect rather than ask for a username as well. The password is 100% right, there are so many devices, including other laptops on both windows 8 and 10 that connect to the same network flawlessly.

The one thing I did notice was that after doing a netsh wlan show all it showed that my wifi's encryption method was WEP which is isn't, it's WPA2. Upon discovering this, I logged into the router and changed the encryption method from "WPA Auto" to "WPA2-PSK[AES]". The laptop then connected instantly and I thought I'd fixed it. Unfortunately not, as when turning it on today I had to go through the same awful process until it eventually played ball.

Any suggestions are kindly welcome, thanks.

:)

Furiously, Jun 21, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jun 21, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

"Can't Connect to Network"

1. "Can't Connect to Network" - Similar Threads - Can't Connect Network

2. Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".: The title says it all, but i have read other problem submissions and solutions but none of them work. This includes resetting my network, using device manager, using command prompt, and pretty much every other solution posted out there. ...there.If it helps, it says "Checking...
  3. Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".: The title says it all, but i have read other problem submissions and solutions but none of them work. This includes resetting my network, using device manager, using command prompt, and pretty much every other solution posted out there. ...there.If it helps, it says "Checking...
  4. Can't connect to this network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network: Hi,Recently on our Windows 10 desktop computer version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1526 I am getting this error message when attempting to connect to our wireless router. All other devices are behaving normally. The wireless adapter is a Realtek RTL8192EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB...
  5. "Can't connect to network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Can't connect to network": Getting "Can't connect to network", thus unable to connect to troublshooting option, but internet explorer browser working. Network & Internet setting gets me nowhere. I click on it and settings window closes....
  6. Can't connect to this network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to this network: Hey, starting today my Lenovo Yoga laptop started to display the "can't connect to this network" for all of my WIFI connections. I've looked online at a couple of videos and followed all of those suggestions but none have changed anything. I am able to connect to bluetooth...
  7. Can't connect to this network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to this network: I have a Asus fx750 laptop, dit update new drivers today, but then getting this error. I did unistall driver and install the one I have, but still same error. I did try t ook go to (device manager /networks adapters), but cannot get it to work, I can not add pictures as I am...
  8. Can't connect to this network!

Can't connect to this network!: Hello, I got some problems with connecting network here. I can't connect to my usual network, I'm using my neighbor's wifi and it's very poor. My phone and other devices in house are still using it normally. I've tried turning the route off and on, forget the network, etc...
  9. Can't connect to this network

Can't connect to this network: Today, while having lunch at my favorite restaurant, I tried to connect to their WiFi network as I usually do. I got the following message:Checking network resources And then, after a few seconds:Can't connect to this network My obvious question is, why not? To begin...
  10. "Can't connect to this network."

"Can't connect to this network.": I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network. I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to...