Windows 10: Can't connect to PC on LAN

Discus and support Can't connect to PC on LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A bit of background (or maybe a separate problem, in which case please give advice) is that my PC (ethernet) had been disconnecting from my router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sanman, Nov 1, 2015.

1. sanman Win User

Can't connect to PC on LAN

A bit of background (or maybe a separate problem, in which case please give advice) is that my PC (ethernet) had been disconnecting from my router while my phone on WiFi remained connected. I reset my router each time which solved it for a while. It's been fine for now again, hopefully.
    I have a Buffalo brand router with DD-WRT firmware.

What's acting up now is not being able to connect to my PC from my phone. I tried disabling my firewall and rebooting. It's 2 separate services, so it doesn't seem specific to the applications.
    I use OpenVPN and have tried with and without it connected, also without it running. I have VMWare on my PC which I seldom use and it has some virtual adapters. I don't know what's changed in the last couple days to make this happen.
    Funny thing is that I can always connect to my PC while it's on VPN usually, which concerns me.

Let me know if you guys have some troubleshooting info.

:)

sanman, Nov 1, 2015

2. Should i remove these Network Adapters?

I have issues with connecting to other PCs or LAN networks.

For example, i can connect to a PC on LAN but i can't connect to another one, it is weird.

So, what should i do to fix this?

Thanks.

Hasan Bayat, Nov 1, 2015
  3. OlwenLo Win User
    Unidentified network - No Internet access (No LAN internet)

Currently, my PC can't connect to the internet through the LAN. The LAN says "unidentified network". However, the PC can connect to the internet through WiFi (but very poor connection).

I have a PC that runs on Window 10 Home. And, in the middle of internet browsing, my internet connection was lost.

My PC sometimes lose internet connection, and it is either the router's or poweline adapter's problem. But this time, the router is functioning, cause my phone & PC can access the internet through its WiFi. And, even when I switched to another powerline adapter
    and ethernet cable, it still can't connect to internet through LAN. So, I am not quite sure what's happening at the moment...

I have ran the 'window network diagnostics'. And it stated this : "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

I rather have LAN than WiFi, because I need really good internet connection for my online education classes.

So any ideas?

Thanks

OlwenLo, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Can't connect to PC on LAN

1. Can't connect to PC on LAN - Similar Threads - Can't connect LAN

2. Connect to another PC LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to another PC LAN: Hello, I have a simple problem and I hope to get a straight answer:"How can I know my WINDOWS credentials?"Both computers are connected to the same Microsoft account, I used to use the account mail address and password as credentials but since I'm using the new "passwordless"...
  3. Connect to another PC LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to another PC LAN: Hello, I have a simple problem and I hope to get a straight answer:"How can I know my WINDOWS credentials?"Both computers are connected to the same Microsoft account, I used to use the account mail address and password as credentials but since I'm using the new "passwordless"...
  4. Connect to another PC LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My PC can't connect to adsl modem via LAN

My PC can't connect to adsl modem via LAN: Hello, I have a problem in my pc which I didn't have this problem 1 year ago. This problem is like very annoying I've done all of the ways to fix it but it didn't work cmd commands, updating drives All of the adsl modem lights turns on when I turn the modem on BUT when...
  6. Can't connect PC's on LAN using NetBIOS \\[COMPUTERNAME]

Can't connect PC's on LAN using NetBIOS \\[COMPUTERNAME]: I have two Windows PC's on a LAN. They both show up in the Windows Explorer network tree but cannot connect to each other using \\[COMPUTERNAME]. I have network discovery sharing turned on. Both clean installs of Windows 10. Same Microsoft Account. The correct sharing...
  7. I can't connect to LAN connection. It used to work on my laptop and not on my PC but now...

I can't connect to LAN connection. It used to work on my laptop and not on my PC but now...: 1: updated my driverREALTEK USB BbE family controller 2: flush DNS ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns 3:change DNS 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 didn't work. 4:disable then enable the connection. 5:ping by cmd. Pinging 172.20.62.62 with 32 bytes of data:...
  8. LAN connection

LAN connection: On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available....
  9. PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues

PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues: (Windows version number: Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973)) So here's my setup. I have a router downstairs plugged into another computer (not mine), and my Pc is upstairs. I use a wifi extender that connects to the router wirelessly, and then I have an ethernet...
  10. share printer connected other PC on LAN

share printer connected other PC on LAN: My office LAN is p-p LAN, every time i want to use the printer connected other PC on LAN, i must enter credentials to connect, how to disable it? Both 2 PCs are Winows 10 Pro, turned off password protected sharing and turned on file and printer sharing. I greatly appreciate...