Windows 10: Can’t connect to public optimum WiFi

Discus and support Can’t connect to public optimum WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My problem is i have a wireless network adapter for 5ghz when i try connecting to optimum the trouble shooting diagnoses states “ the hidden network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrandonMcGirt, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Can’t connect to public optimum WiFi

My problem is i have a wireless network adapter for 5ghz when i try connecting to optimum the trouble shooting diagnoses states “ the hidden network optimum wifi cant connect because computer setting does not match network setting”.Everything was working fine untill my little brother playing roblox says the game froze and he did a manual restart via holding the button to power off, once the pc restarted the problem occured. The pc via built in wireless card works fine i connect to optimum passport and my iphone private hotspot works perfectly.

i have a realtek wireless network adapter and the drivers are fully updated using driver easy.

what else could i possible do?

:)

BrandonMcGirt, Feb 23, 2020

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Optimum Wifi Connectivity Issue

I have looked online in forums and YT for an answer to this. I am am Optimum Online customer, and used to see 'optimumwifi' in my list of available networks. As of late, I am not seeing it. I went to a friend's recently, who also has Optimum Online. I could
    not see it in their network list either, even though I've seen it many times before at their home and was able to login with my credentials.

I went to a local Panera Bread to see if it was an issue related to my wifi where other networks I could login to were not showing, and it wasn't. I saw the Panera wifi listed in my networks, and was able to hop on.

I am updated to the most recent Windows, ran driver updates, and neither worked. The strange thing is, a relatives's Macbook, their Samsung galaxy tablet and phone can see the 'optimumwifi' and log on with all their devices. The main Optimum network I use
    at home shows in my network list and I can connect as usual.

This has been driving me crazy as I used to be see and use 'optimumwifi' when I am outside my home on my laptop, and now I can't even see the network to login. I have even tried to enter the MAC address at the Optimum website, and that didn't work,

BTW, these are the details...any help is appreciated.

Dell Inspiron 17R 5737. (Windows 8 came installed but upgraded to Windows 10.)

8 GB Ram (7.88 GB usable)

Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4200 CPU @ 1.60 GHz 2.30 GHz

64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

xxGeekChicxx, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Can’t connect to public optimum WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi

Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?

KevinDelamer, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Can’t connect to public optimum WiFi

1. Can’t connect to public optimum WiFi - Similar Threads - Can’t connect public

2. Public/Private WiFi Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public/Private WiFi Connections: Hi,Just setting up Windows 11 for the first time and the public vs private seems back to front with the description and recommendation.Am I missing something??...
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Public wifi connection

Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  5. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  7. Unable to connect to public wifi

Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  8. Unable to connect to public wifi

9. Optimum Wifi Connectivity Issue

Optimum Wifi Connectivity Issue: I have looked online in forums and YT for an answer to this. I am am Optimum Online customer, and used to see 'optimumwifi' in my list of available networks. As of late, I am not seeing it. I went to a friend's recently, who also has Optimum Online. I could not see it in...
  10. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...