Windows 10: Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue!

Discus and support Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This seems to be a common one, yet i can't find a fix after searching: 1/ (Same) Windows 10 installed on two PC 2/ Both connected to same local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by unko, May 20, 2019.

1. unko Win User

Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue!

This seems to be a common one, yet i can't find a fix after searching:

1/ (Same) Windows 10 installed on two PC

2/ Both connected to same local network/workgroup

3/ Both share same username/password & no microsoft account

4/ Both have sharing enable in system (& firewall)

5/ Both give "wrong password" error when trying to connect

6/ Entering computername\user in place of user didn't fix it

7/ Why is 10 so annoying?! No issue on 7, and when same user/pass, no login request!

:)

2. Problem connecting to SMB Share on Linux server with Windows 10

Hello All,

Recently my Windows 10 laptop no longer sees the SMB shares on my Unraid 6 server, everything was working fine until a week or so ago. Other Windows 7 machines on the same network have no problem seeing or connecting to the same SMB shares. I did some searching
    on the Web and it was suggested that you try to sign into the computer with a local account rather than a Microsoft account but that did not help. I also tried the registry edit suggested in this post:

https://www.schkerke.com/wps/2015/06/windows-10-unable-to-connect-to-samba-shares/

This did not help either, I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an Asus UX305LB laptop and my last update was KB3093266, I believe I was able to connect to the SMB shares for a while after the update. It's pretty important that I be able to connect
    to the server as I use it to backup the computer, thanks in advance.

DavidMcJunkin, May 20, 2019
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, May 20, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Network Shares blocked by firewall

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Network Sharing being blocked by the Firewall. I would suggest you to check and confirm if the SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing feature is enabled in the system that is facing this issue. You
    can follow the steps below.

Steps to enable SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support:

1. Press the Windows and
      R key together, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter, this will open the
      Programs and Features window for you.
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane.
    4. In the Windows Features window, scroll down and under
      SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, check the boxes next to
      SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and SMB 1.0/ CIFS Server. If the boxes are already ticked, please uncheck the box and check it again.
    5. You will be prompted to restart your Computer, kindly restart the system and check if the issue still persists.

As the systems are in Domain, if the issue still persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro ‘TechNet’ forums, where we have support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge on systems connected in Domain to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't connect to SMB share, "wrong password" issue! - Similar Threads - Can't connect SMB

2. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  3. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  4. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SMB Connect Issues

SMB Connect Issues: I have 2 computers on the internet. One computer is running ubuntu w/ samba. The other is my Windows client. Everytime I try and add a network location and type in "\\ipaddress\share", I just get an error saying Windows can't find that share. This is the smb.conf on my...
  6. How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?: I've shared some folders in Windows to access them from my phone and laptop, but they are visible and accessible to everyone connecting on my WiFi, so I want to protect those shared folders with a password. How can I do that? submitted by /u/Rachid90 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?

How to protect SMB shared folders with a password?: I've shared some folders in Windows to access them from my phone and laptop, but they are visible and accessible to everyone connecting on my WiFi, so I want to protect those shared folders with a password. How can I do that? submitted by /u/Rachid90 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian

Windows 10 Enterprise can't connect to SMB share on Debian: Hello there, I've got a problem to connect to a friend's SMB share on his Debian server cat /etc/debian_version 10.3 samba --version Version 4.9.5-Debian My machine is a Windows 10 Enterprise 1903. I tried to shut down the Firewall, File Discovery are active....
  9. Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior

Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior: Hi, Something strange is happening : when I restart my Windows 10 computer, I can access the SMB share on a FreeNas server. As soon as I switch the Wifi network or when I connect through Ethernet, I loose access to the share. I don't have that problem on a Mi Box or a...
  10. Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?

Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?: Hello, I installed 10 on a PC with same username & pass as usual. Then from 7 I tried to reach d$ but it ask me pass & login, while normally it doesn't ask any (since it's the same!).. Can't understand that, would you please explain me/us..? Thanks! 33097

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong password smb server

2. samba wrong password

3. xerox smb saying wrong username password microsoft account

4. smb sharing remembers wrong password,
  5. access smbv1 share worng passwor,
  6. not able to connect smb,
  7. smb connection no password,
  8. cant connect to smb share wrong network password windows 7,
  9. smb wrong password error,
  10. cannot SMB connection wrong password,
  11. cant acess windows pc share says incorrect password,