Windows 10: Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network

Discus and support Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I used to be able to connect my Windows 10 laptop to my Fedora box on the local network and remotely, but now I can only connect remotely. My Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DefiantPanda, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network

I used to be able to connect my Windows 10 laptop to my Fedora box on the local network and remotely, but now I can only connect remotely. My Windows 10 desktop can still connect.

When I bought this laptop it had problems with FTP - if I tried to ftp multiple files, for example, it would freeze the ftp connection and just hang and eventually, it would even drop the wifi connection. Then I wouldn't even be able to reconnect via wifi to my modem until I reset the modem. I called HP support and the guy was less than useless. He claimed it was my fedora box. Now I've tested other devices and they can connect to it fine - I can even connect to it with my iPhone and my Samsung tablet and transfer multiple files back and forth with no problems.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting with the fedora server - looking at logs and restarting it and I can see that it thinks my laptop has connected - it accepted the private key and welcomed my laptop, but on my laptop end, whether it's trying to connect via Filezilla or putty, it just hangs. I type in the password to my password protected private key, and after that, nothing happens on putty it just freezes, and on filezilla it times out after 20 seconds of inactivity.

I'm at my wit's end here. Previously I could reset the modem and my laptop and my fedora box and then the connection problems would magically disappear. But now they aren't. I cannot get onto my fedora box from my laptop anymore. I have no idea what to do at this point. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

DefiantPanda, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Rado D Win User

Unidentified wireless network connection on laptop(local only connection)

Hello friends,I have this laptop at home to have a look at,its my friends laptop,that had previously fine working wireless connection on it,but now it shows unidentified network upon connection to my wireless network.its shows local only connection and cant load any pages.it is all over the internet when you google it,but no real working solution.I had this laptop before and the wireless worked just fine.of course my network is fine,cos my own laptop connects perfectly..Ive tried uninstall all network devices,then reinstall,checked all adviced settings regarding IPv6 - 4,but nothing helps,Im in the end with ideas..do you have any?

Rado D, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Can't SSH to local computer

Hi,

I can't ssh to a server that is local to my network (192.168.1.100). I have tried both putty and openssh and neither connect. I can ssh from my Mac and from my Android phone. And I can ping the server from my windows box.

I have my router routing internet ssh traffic to the server. If I try to ssh to my domain name (ssh to mydomain.com) it works just fine. It is only when I use the local IP address that it does not work.

I also noticed that I can't hit the webserver on that box if I try locally. Going to https://192.168.1.100 does not work from my Windows 10 box. It does work from the Mac and the Android phone.

This was working up to a few weeks ago. The only new software that I can think of that was installed was the latest Windows update.

Any ideas as to what to try?

Thank,

Shawn

ShawnDevlin, Aug 21, 2019
  4. astrakan Win User

Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network

windows 10 loosing local network access

Hi,

Well, frequently, I'm unable to access folders on my laptop (or desktop from laptop).
    Then I run network troubleshooting and windows says me the same thing again: one or more network protocols are not installed and necessary for connectivity. Then I accept the correction and I can access my network until the next time it will fail and will say me the same thing. One day, perhaps 3 if I am lucky.
    IT'S MASSIVELY BORING !! *Smile Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network :)

Any clue ?

astrakan, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network

1. Can't connect to ssh from windows 10 laptop on local network - Similar Threads - Can't connect ssh

2. Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop: I've been trying simple methods such as forgetting the network, connecting again, reset the driver, uninstall and reinstall the driver and so on. It's like a matter of chance that my laptop connects to the hotspot. When I tried connecting to the same network on other devices,...
  3. Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to the "hidden" network on my Windows 10 Laptop: I've been trying simple methods such as forgetting the network, connecting again, reset the driver, uninstall and reinstall the driver and so on. It's like a matter of chance that my laptop connects to the hotspot. When I tried connecting to the same network on other devices,...
  4. Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu: I tried to connect my windows11 from another computerubuntu with same network but it can't be done. It's shown result: Permission Denied publickey, keyboard-interactive. On the other hand, I can connect from my windows 11 to another computer in same network. I tried all...
  5. Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu

Can't connect to Windows11 via ssh from ubnutu: I tried to connect my windows11 from another computerubuntu with same network but it can't be done. It's shown result: Permission Denied publickey, keyboard-interactive. On the other hand, I can connect from my windows 11 to another computer in same network. I tried all...
  6. w11 + ssh connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w11 + ssh connections: Hello !!SSH connections doesn't work on w11.... I try mobaxterm, mremoteng et ssh on powershell.W11 version 21H2 build 22000.194 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-ssh-connections/af2d2831-cf8f-4a5c-891b-3b65fcdf8987
  7. w11 + ssh connections

w11 + ssh connections: Hello !!SSH connections doesn't work on w11.... I try mobaxterm, mremoteng et ssh on powershell.W11 version 21H2 build 22000.194 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w11-ssh-connections/af2d2831-cf8f-4a5c-891b-3b65fcdf8987
  8. Ssh connection

Ssh connection: How could I connect to my PC using ssh if I protect it using pin? What the password must be in that case?If I try to use pin I have the output like this:>>maxim@10.0.1.164's password: >>Permission denied, please try again.If i try to use my microsoft account password result...
  9. Cannot connect to Ubuntu server from Windows 10 via ssh

Cannot connect to Ubuntu server from Windows 10 via ssh: Hello, I have a raspberry pie running ubuntu server 2020 and would like to connect to it via ssh directly from Windows 10. In order, for instance, to mount an ftp and view, edit directly files with vscode or atom without going through WSL. While I have no problem...
  10. Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!: Hello guys, hope you all doing well. I trying to ssh from Linux Mint to Windows10 but it is asking for password but the problem is that I don't have any password set for my windows. So where can i find password for my windows ssh. I'm using windows 10 builtin ssh-service....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows box cant connect to local ip rangge

2. ssh x doesnt connect to display

3. windows 10 cant connect ssh