Windows 10: can't connect to the homegroup

Discus and support can't connect to the homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! At home we have 4 PCs, I used to share file using homegroups without any issues. just three days ago, I had to reinstall the windows on an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NourinE, Sep 18, 2017.

1. NourinE Win User

can't connect to the homegroup

Hello!
    At home we have 4 PCs, I used to share file using homegroups without any issues.
    just three days ago, I had to reinstall the windows on an HP Mini, and after that it couldn't connect to the homegroup, instead it says Create a homegroup.
    I have tried:
    -to clean the files in Peernetworking... from all computer, then turned the main one and after that creating a homegroup turning the others, they all detected the homegroup to join, except one.
    -I have also ran the troubleshooter.
    -I made sure that it's connected to a private not public network.

thanks in advance.

:)

NourinE, Sep 18, 2017
  2. cjlarkin Win User

After the Windows 10 Creator update I can't connect, delete or create a new homegroup, how can I fix this?

After the recent Windows 10 creators update I can't set up or connect to the homegroup. I can't removed the existing homegroup and I can't create a new one. Even the couple of PC's connected to my network that didn't get the update can't connect to the homegroup
    now.

When I try and use the password that use to work I keep getting a message that the Homegroup is not found. I've tried several fixes and utilities that have been suggested and none of these have worked for me. Does anyone know how to get past this issue
    with a fix that will actually work?

cjlarkin, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Sidiaana Win User
    Unable to exit from/join to the HomeGroup.

Original title: Homegroup

I can't join or leave my existing homegroup.

I can't delete the existing homegroup. It tells me that the user I'm using is the administrator, but it won't let me get to the homegroup to either show the password of the existing homegroup or to delete it.

I tripple checked every computer that is showing on my network list as connected, but neither of the computers is on the homegroup.

HOW can I get rid of the existing homegroup? Or make it possible for my computers to join that homegroup?

Sidiaana, Sep 18, 2017
  4. NourinE Win User

after disabling Windows Defender, I'm now able to join the homegroup, but the one of my computer can't be seen on the homegroup, but can't be seen in the Network.

NourinE, Sep 19, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Have you got ipv6 running as its needed by homegroups also check NetBIOS is running

Samuria, Sep 19, 2017
  6. NourinE Win User
    thanks for your reply.

yes, they are both running

NourinE, Sep 19, 2017
  7. NourinE Win User
    Between the two connected laptops to the homegroup and the one that has the issue, there are two differences as listed in the two pictures below, the absence of the following:

can't connect to the homegroup [​IMG]

NourinE, Sep 19, 2017
  8. NourinE Win User

I updated the Wifi driver and added DisabledComponenont + EnableICSIPv6 to the registry.

but I still can't connect to the homegroup

NourinE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can't connect to the homegroup - Similar Threads - can't connect homegroup

2. Can't Access Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Homegroup: Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore. Help!...
  3. Missing Homegroup connectivity

Missing Homegroup connectivity: I lost my homegroup connection from my Desktop after recent update. How to enable back homegroup. My desktop also running on Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/missing-homegroup-connectivity/474bea9e-4d2d-4027-a6be-e98b9da0d671
  4. Cannot connect onto my homegroup

Cannot connect onto my homegroup: I have set up a Homegroup on two laptops which use Windows 10 and both connect to the Homegroup. However, neither will display any computers on the Homegroup. I have tried all sorts of things but all I seem to get from the Homegroup trouble shooter is that there are...
  5. Can't get Homegroup Password

Can't get Homegroup Password: Hi, I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. However, the new install still recognizes the old homegroup and I didn't write down the password. Now I can't change the password. When I open up the homegroup window, I can join, change sharing settings, but I can't change...
  6. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  7. Can't Join or Delete Homegroup

Can't Join or Delete Homegroup: I have a 3 PC ("Server" and two others) home network. On my Server, OLDLOCALUSER created a Homegroup in Win7. I upgraded all 3 PCs from Win7 to Win10. On my Server, I changed my OLDLOCALUSER to NEWMSACCOUNT. I also created NEWMSACCOUNT on the two other PCs. I lost the...
  8. Homegroup is working but can't open folders

Homegroup is working but can't open folders: I have two desktop computers in a Homegroup, connected by a Netgear router. But my problem is that I can only open folders in one direction (from one PC to other is OK, reverse is not). PC #1 is Windows 10 Pro 1607 x64, using a Netgear Wi-Fi adapter. Disabled the firewall....
  9. machine can't be added to Homegroup

machine can't be added to Homegroup: I upgraded several workstations .. one from 8.1 and another on an HP laptop from win 7 , as well as a fresh install of win 10 on a third., all 64bit machines. After a lot of hassle I got the homegroup working on all but the machine that was on w7 earlier ... (It worked before...
  10. Can't find "show password" for homegroup

Can't find "show password" for homegroup: Hi folks - having trouble recovering my password for a Homegroup, Windows 10. I know, know - I don't know why I don't have it written down along with my other bazillion passwords... I'm on the computer I used to set up the Homegroup, which I vaguely recall setting up a...