Windows 10: Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10

Discus and support Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When building my PC I decided to put in an M.2 Wifi card that I knew worked. On my computer I don't get an option for wifi anywhere. I tried Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gtighe, Dec 9, 2019.

1. gtighe Win User

Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10

When building my PC I decided to put in an M.2 Wifi card that I knew worked. On my computer I don't get an option for wifi anywhere. I tried Windows Troublshoot and that didn't do much and then I tried downloading new drivers. I'm confident that I downloaded the drivers correctly but yet, my computer still won't connect to the wifi. It isn't an ISP problem because I have many other devices that work perfectly.

Operating System: Windows 10
    Wifi Card: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

:)

gtighe, Dec 9, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 9, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't connect to the internet after building a new pc Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. Internet speeds gone down after new PC build

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speeds gone down after new PC build: Yesterday I built a new pc changing most of the parts, but i kept the wifi card and gpu. Ever since I have built it, internet speeds have been way lower than usual. In my last build, epic games would download around 14mbps and steam around 40. Now, epic games wont even reach...
  3. Can't Connect PC to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect PC to Internet: I have a router connected to a tp-link mesh, with 3 decos that increase the reach of my wi-fi. It works very well on all my devices, except on my PC, which when connected via wireless, does not give off any internet, No internet, secured and when connected via ethernet...
  4. Can't Connect PC to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect PC to Internet: I have a router connected to a tp-link mesh, with 3 decos that increase the reach of my wi-fi. It works very well on all my devices, except on my PC, which when connected via wireless, does not give off any internet, No internet, secured and when connected via ethernet...
  5. Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows 10 on new PC build: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a gaming PC that I've built. Here are the specs: Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-I CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB x2 M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB SATA SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB GPU: PowerColor AXRX...
  6. No 5Ghz connection with a new PC build

No 5Ghz connection with a new PC build: I recently had a new PC built and for some strange reason it wont connect to my 5Ghz connection, only the 2.4Ghz All my other devices including phone, tablet and laptop all connect to the 5Ghz no problem, I get around 300Mbps but on the PC im only getting 30Mbps I thought...
  7. Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Activation after new PC Build: I just built a new PC and transferred my SSD with Windows 10 to it. I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. -On the Settings>Update & Security>Activation tab, it reads that in I have Windows 10 Education. -Error reads "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has...
  8. New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New windows 10 install can't connect to internet.: Recently built a new computer with a new install of Windows 10 Pro and cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooting gives the standard "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" . I've been searching around and have tried just about every solution and nothing is...
  9. New PC build – I can't get internet...

New PC build – I can't get internet...: So I've got a new build: Windows 10 Pro 64bit. CPU: 2700 Ryzen Motherboard: Asus Prime X470 Pro RAM: x2 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz (although I can only get 2133mhz atm) GPU: nVidia 2070 Windforce HD: 1tb Western Digital Blue M.2 2280 SSD PSU: Corsair 650W Gold The...
  10. Windows 10 Build 10061 will not connect to internet

Windows 10 Build 10061 will not connect to internet: Just upgraded from Windows 10 build 10056 to the new 10061 build. Cannot connect the my wired ethernet network adapter since upgrading....Project Spartan works just fine; however, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Tor, etc will not connect. Resorted to going back to 10056; however,...