Windows 10: can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware.

Discus and support can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I resetted my pc because of this proxy malware and it's still there but now it's on the setup screen, which makes it so i cannot get past it as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GI1PCH, Mar 4, 2024.

1. GI1PCH Win User

can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware.

I resetted my pc because of this proxy malware and it's still there but now it's on the setup screen, which makes it so i cannot get past it as it takes away my internet with no way to disable proxy to make it work. rendering my pc useless. PLEASE HELP.

:)

GI1PCH, Mar 4, 2024

2. Only Chrome can connect to the Internet.

To resolve the particular error messages that you're having, we suggest you perform the steps below to disable proxy server:

• Click the Tools button in Internet Explorer, then click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Connections tab, then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box which says Use a Proxy Server for your LAN, then click
      OK.

You can also follow the steps on this
    article
    that lists all steps that can help you when you're having issues with internet connection.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Unable to access internet connection with error: "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the internet connection on your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired or wireless internet connection?
    • What is the model of the network adapter you are using?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check for the internet options.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Internet Options, go to Connections tab, click on
      LAN Settings.
    • Make sure that Proxy Server is unchecked even if using Firefox.
    • Check settings in Firefox in Tools / Options /Advanced Connections / Settings (should be either use system proxy settings or no proxy).

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Step 3: Also, try to reset the Network Adapter and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 4, 2024
  4. can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware.

After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware.

1. can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware. - Similar Threads - can't connect internet

2. can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't connect to the internet cos of proxy malware.: I resetted my pc because of this proxy malware and it's still there but now it's on the setup screen, which makes it so i cannot get past it as it takes away my internet with no way to disable proxy to make it work. rendering my pc useless. PLEASE HELP....
  3. Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server: An application which I use has the option to specify manual proxy configuration for access to the Internet. I have tried to enter the figures of various free proxy servers, but connection was not established. Perhaps I entered wrong figures.Does anyone know what figures have...
  4. Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server

Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server: An application which I use has the option to specify manual proxy configuration for access to the Internet. I have tried to enter the figures of various free proxy servers, but connection was not established. Perhaps I entered wrong figures.Does anyone know what figures have...
  5. Connecting an Application to the Internet via a Proxy Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to the internet: I tried everything on the internet still cant connect to the internet. I couldnt find the wlan autoconfig i think this situation related to this. How do i get wlan autoconfig back. Pls help....
  7. Connected but no internet after malware.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Connected but no internet after malware.: Hello!I had a virus in my computer, that wouldn't allow me to boot up my computer. It probably corrupted boot files if that's a thing. I could only access the Advanced startup, and through that, I reset my computer but keep files option. The boot problem is solved, but a...
  8. Calculator sin cos tan

Calculator sin cos tan: Does the windows calculator have a way to always display sin, cos, tan buttons without having to drill down one menu level. Currently I have to drill down no matter how big I make my calculator "scientific" mode?...
  9. can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't connect to internet: sometimes when i use my acer laptop, the wifi icon is randomly a little sphere thing and it can't find any wifi networks at all. after i restart my computer, it goes back to the wifi icon and automatically connects to my home wifi. i've tried troubleshooting when it's in that...
  10. Modern Apps can't connect to proxy server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modern Apps can't connect to proxy server: Hi everyone, I have a little problem with Modern Apps on Windows 10, they can't connect to the proxy server when I am using its url, ej "proxy.*.com" but they connect fine if I use the proxy IP. The DNS Client is running and tried flushing the DNS Cache but it didn't solved...