Windows 10: Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall.

Discus and support Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, this happened completely randomly and now I have no internet. When I tried to diagnose it says "The diagnostics policy service isn't running". When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Warma99, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Warma99 Win User

Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall.

Hi, this happened completely randomly and now I have no internet. When I tried to diagnose it says "The diagnostics policy service isn't running". When I go to services to enable it, I get "Windows could not start the diagnostic policy server on local computer Error 5: access denied" I'm using the admin account btw. I tried sfc /scannow and it returned me

"Windows resource protection found corrupt files and repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at the windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log for example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

After which my problem wasn't solved. After Googling I downloaded the Windows Firewall Troubleshooter which tells me

"Windows Firewall cannot be set as the default firewall. This problem may be occuring because of an existing Group Policy or because you are using the another firewall program. If you want to use Windows firewall, exit thos troubleshooter, uninstall the other firewall program, and then run this troubleshooter again."

I am not using any firewall programs to my knowledge. Restarted pc/modem several times during the process. Running Windows 10 1803 build. How do I fix this issue? Thanks.

:)

Warma99, Jul 24, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

why isn't my internet connection being detected

What do you mean by not detected, that you are not able to get an Internet connection or that that connection icon doesn't show up but you can still access the Internet? Also, what OS are you using? (XP SP3)

Maybe Windows enabled the firewall for the LAN device (sometimes the firewall causes more problems than it solves), and if you are using a router (with NAT) you can safely turn off Windows firewall for that device only, you can do this by performing the following changes:
    • Leave Windows Firewall turned On

Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall. kb251e.png
    • And now Disable it for the LAN only (un-checked box):

Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall. jtqovk.png
    Other solution might be related to DHCP, and that depends if you had a static IP addresses on your computer or the router assigned you an IP address via DHCP. You might wanna check out this related thread

temp02, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Restraint trafic and applications to access internet with Firewall when connected with Dial Up SAT connexion

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to block apps and programs from accessing network connection through Windows Firewall:

• Open Control Panel and click System and Security.
    • On the Windows Firewall page, select Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
    • Uncheck the box to the left of the application names to disallow them from accessing network connection.
    • If other programs are not listed, just click Allow another program/app button to add them.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't connect to the internet, something about my firewall. - Similar Threads - Can't connect internet

2. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  3. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  4. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet: Hi, recently I've encountered a problem with my wi-fi. It occurs only on one computer in my LAN. It says that the computer is connected to wi-fi without the internet. I noticed that during connection something weird happens in firewall https://imgur.com/a/yxasFKTNew ones are...
  5. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet: Hi, recently I've encountered a problem with my wi-fi. It occurs only on one computer in my LAN. It says that the computer is connected to wi-fi without the internet. I noticed that during connection something weird happens in firewall https://imgur.com/a/yxasFKTNew ones are...
  6. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet Connection, Firewall, and Microsoft Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection, Firewall, and Microsoft Problem.: Good day!For some odd reason, my internet connection was suddenly lost even though we have a good connection. As I went deeper to see what's going on, I also found out that my Bluetooth, Speakers, Microsoft Apps, Word, Ppoint, Excel, Teams Insert Flash drives are also...
  8. Firewall Prevented Internet Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Prevented Internet Connection: I just had an internet connectivity issue; however, once on the phone with support we determined that we went from a dynamic IP to a static IP. We were still down until I turned the firewalls off. He suggested I leave them off, but I am not sure that is safe for the business....
  9. Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively: Hello. First, sorry for my terrible English. I have problem with my connection. I got higher ping than usual, more than 240 (i checked with CMD), but when i check Task Manager there are no apps that consume my bandwith excessively. I try to check the connection with my...
  10. something is blocking my internet connection at startup

something is blocking my internet connection at startup: Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8.1) running on Lenovo Z50. Several times a week, something blocks my mobile internet connection at start up. This usually lasts 5 or 6 minutes. The internet icon on the task bar has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark; and when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. offlogfile flag dhcp