Windows 10: Can’t connect to the proxy server says Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Discus and support Can’t connect to the proxy server says Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If Microsoft Edge display Can’t connect to the proxy server message when trying to connect to the web, then the cause for this could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 27, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Can’t connect to the proxy server says Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Microsoft edge - "Can't connect to the proxy server"

Hi Marius,

If you're using a proxy server, it is possible that the issue is with the proxy settings. We recommend checking for the proxy settings to see if it is correct. To access the proxy settings, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, choose Proxy.

If the proxy settings are correct, we recommend that you disable Use a proxy server and enable
    Automatically detect settings. After enabling the automatic settings, check if you will be able connect to the Internet.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Microsoft edge - "Can't connect to the proxy server"

i'm been using windows 10 for a month, but this 2nd week of march i updated my laptop for the latest version (windows version 1709). after i installed it, the"cant connect to proxy server" now appears and i can no longer use my microsoft edge and chrome
    except for the maxthon cloud browser. but even so i can use maxthon, my laptop would still not detect any internet connection i dont know why. i cant check for updates either. so i decided to go back to the earlier version but then again it still has the issue
    of "cant connect tot the proxy server". please help! Can’t connect to the proxy server says Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 :(

Moved from: (Windows Insider Program / Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on Insider Preview / Microsoft Edge / PC)

marius zyreaudagami, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Can’t connect to the proxy server says Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Microsoft Edge "Can't connect to the proxy server", Chrome and IE can connect

There are 53 PCs on our network all running Windows 10.0.14393, however on 7 of those PCs Edge cannot connect to the proxy server ("Can't connect to the proxy server") despite IE and Chrome on the
    same PC being able to connect.

ALL PCs have the same proxy settings

Microsoft Edge on the other PCs can connect fine.

Example:

PC 1:

Edge: Cannot connect

IE: Connected

Chrome: Connected

PC 2:

Edge: Connected

IE: Connected

Chrome: Connected

Note: I did look at other forum posts regarding this issue however none of them solve the issue.

TechSupportNQC, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Can’t connect to the proxy server says Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

1. Can’t connect to the proxy server says Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can’t connect proxy

2. Can’t connect to DHCP server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect to DHCP server?: Hello. I hope you all are well.I own an HP Envy x360 with Windows 11. No Ethernet cable port so purely wireless.For the past week I have been unable to stay connected to the internet. The errors I’ve been getting is “Can’t reach DHCP server” or “Can’t reach default gateway”....
  3. Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy server specific to a Wifi connection: My daughter uses her W10 laptop at both school and home. When at home on the WiFi I manage, I want to configure the WiFi connection with a proxy server. Naturally, if the laptop joins another WiFi connection at school or elsewhere, I do not want that proxy server to be...
  4. Proxy Servers

Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  5. Programs can’t connect to their servers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs can’t connect to their servers?: So basically, these past few days I can’t get iTunes or iCloud to connect to apple servers. Not a massive deal. However, now when trying to open EPIC games launcher, it says I need an active internet connection. Anyone any ideas? I have disabled all windows security and...
  6. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  7. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  8. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  9. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589
  10. The proxy server is refusing connections

The proxy server is refusing connections: Had a virus/malware invasion. Ran all my AV/MW programs and think I got rid of it. Now either ie or FF will not access the internet with "the proxy server is refusing connections". Ran the MS troubleshooter, it claimed no problems. Have a win7 machine on the home network, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge cant connect to proxy server