Windows 10: Cant connect to the wifi on my desktop.

Discus and support Cant connect to the wifi on my desktop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive connected to the internet (both ethernet and SSID/Wifi port) previously on my desktop. It has been awhile since ive gotten on my PC and given it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Canadianman64, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Cant connect to the wifi on my desktop.

Ive connected to the internet (both ethernet and SSID/Wifi port) previously on my desktop. It has been awhile since ive gotten on my PC and given it much attention (it was mostly for PC gaming) but now i want to get it going again.

But im having this issue where i cant connect/find any networks and when i troubleshoot, all it says is “connect ethernet cable”. I dont see any other networks except for “Broadband connection” and “Broadband connection 2” and neither of them connect to the internet, obviously.

What is the problem im having exactly and how can i fix this? Ive tried network reset and uninstalling my current network adapter and restarting my computer for it to manually reinstall another.

submitted by /u/Canadianman64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Canadianman64, Nov 5, 2020
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Nov 5, 2020
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Nov 5, 2020
  4. coffent Win User

Cant connect to the wifi on my desktop.

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

As you suggested, I tried disabling the ethernet adapter and that caused wi-fi to connect, so the desktop wifi does work. Also, I accessed the router and changed the wireless network name (to wfCHS). Thanks!

However many problems are still unresolved:

My laptop behaves just as I want it to. Assuming the router has wifi turned on and the laptop has an ethernet connection, connection to the internet is by ethernet (no private network name), and the wi-fi connection is to my private network "wfCHS", but with no connection to the internet. (If I disconnect the ethernet cable, then wfCHS becomes connected to the internet and stays that way even if I reconnect the cable.) A directory listing shows both laptop and desktop under "Network". Great!

Things are rather different with the desktop. With Ethernet disabled, the desktop shows a wi-fi connection to the internet. Under Settings > Status it's called "wfCHS" but under Network Connections it's called wfCHS2. If I then re-enable the ethernet connection, the wifi connection stays enabled for a minute or two, then disconnects. Further, the ethernet connection is given the name wfCHS2 under both Status and Network Connections.

Why does the desktop give an (unwanted) name to the ethernet connection while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop disconnect its wi-fi connection a minute or so after the ethernet connection is enabled, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop give two different names to the wifi connection, depending on whether it's viewed under Status or Network Connections, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the laptop show the desktop under Network, while the desktop shows only itself?

Things are so convoluted that I'd be happy to start over. I've had the desktop "forget" the wi-fi connection as you suggested, then re-established it, but this hasn't helped. Can the ethernet connection also be "forgotten"?

Really appreciate the help you've given so far!

coffent, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Cant connect to the wifi on my desktop.

1. Cant connect to the wifi on my desktop. - Similar Threads - Cant connect wifi

2. Cant connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect to wifi: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, sti In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re connected using a...
  3. Cant connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect to wifi: Help I cant connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-wifi/f9b08de5-bf0d-4b1c-90ef-a98adb8e9218
  4. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant connect to my wifi: Whenever i try to troubleshoot it doesnt work. I cant see my wifi but it works fine on my other devices. I did all the updates. I have also re installed the wifi driver and searched for new updates online. Nothing fixed it. I can see the wifi in control panel but it keeps...
  5. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant connect to my wifi: Whenever i try to troubleshoot it doesnt work. I cant see my wifi but it works fine on my other devices. I did all the updates. I have also re installed the wifi driver and searched for new updates online. Nothing fixed it. I can see the wifi in control panel but it keeps...
  6. I cant connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. cant connect to this wifi connection

cant connect to this wifi connection: i have a newly installed windows 10 in my PC and i used mobile WIFI hotspot from the phone to get internet in my PC and i got a new modem connection in my house but i could not connect to it even if the password is correct i think it is the problem of the IP address or any...
  8. cant connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant connect to wifi: i get connect to wifi but there is written no internet access , though wifi working on mobile I have windows 10 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-wifi/244840a0-a073-47a5-b343-09cb57516d42
  9. Cant connect to wifi

Cant connect to wifi: How come I cant connect to my wifi even though my wireless capability is on[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-wifi/756413b7-fcf5-4028-93c4-e573af3daf2a
  10. WiFi connection in my desktop

WiFi connection in my desktop: Hi..i am using Amd ryzen 3 2200G processor with Gigabyte B450m dS3h motherboard in my desktop computer, windows 10. i doesn't have any Wifi option.is it possible to download wifi drivers to enable WiFi option on my desktop computer.if yes how?if there is no chance why?...