Windows 10: Can't connect to this network on a new laptop

Discus and support Can't connect to this network on a new laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lenovo S145-15" My downstairs net is worse because it needs to get through 4 thick walls and books to get to me, but my upstairs one is one meter above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Developererer, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Can't connect to this network on a new laptop

Lenovo S145-15"
    My downstairs net is worse because it needs to get through 4 thick walls and books to get to me, but my upstairs one is one meter above me and one meter away, thus the latter is better.
    My downstairs net can connect fine, but my upstairs one can't. This is really irritating as before when I had windows 8.1 on my old laptop both worked fine. I tried everything I could find except tampering w the network adapters since I didn't install them since I never connected ???, but nothing works.
    Please help. I'm a gamer so this is really irritating as my latency is increased significantly. 2 bars vs full bars is a big difference.

:)

Developererer, Feb 14, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Can't connect to this network on a new laptop

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't connect to this network on a new laptop

1. Can't connect to this network on a new laptop - Similar Threads - Can't connect network

2. can't connect my laptop to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect my laptop to network: can't connect my laptop to home wifi and when i go to near upto 5 m it connect automatically and can be used from each and every corner of my home . it is very task to carry to modem and connect and comeback so anybody please give me a solution. it is only for laptop ,all...
  3. can't connect my laptop to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't connect my laptop to network: can't connect my laptop to home wifi and when i go to near upto 5 m it connect automatically and can be used from each and every corner of my home . it is very task to carry to modem and connect and comeback so anybody please give me a solution. it is only for laptop ,all...
  4. Can't View New Wifi Networks on Laptop

Can't View New Wifi Networks on Laptop: Trying to connect to new wi-fi networks on a Dell Latitude E7240 but they aren't visible. They show up on my phone and I can join them no problem but they aren't even visible under on the laptop. Restarted, turned wi-fi on and off, and tried updating all the network drivers...
  5. can't connect to servers on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect to servers on new laptop: I just got a new laptop, and games run great except when I try to play online - most games I can't connect to the server at all, even low run games like terraria or age of empires. My firewall says that it is allowing them through so I don't know what the issue is. I have...
  6. can't connect to servers on new laptop

can't connect to servers on new laptop: I just got a new laptop, and games run great except when I try to play online - most games I can't connect to the server at all, even low run games like terraria or age of empires. My firewall says that it is allowing them through so I don't know what the issue is. I have...
  7. can't connect to servers on new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can't connect to network with new computer

Can't connect to network with new computer: Have just got a new computer, should be networked to the other computer, always worked with the old computer. Wifi is working ok, why can't I see the main computer / files I need???...
  9. Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other

Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other: Checked:- All updates downloaded and applied on all machines. Laptop File & Printer sharing is turned on. Both HDs on the laptop are set up for sharing on the network with Everyone having all permissions. Teamviewer 12 can access the laptop from my desktop with no...
  10. New laptop can't be accessed by others on network

New laptop can't be accessed by others on network: That is to say, it can't be accessed by some others on network! Dell XPS 15 9560 ~ Windows 10 Home (The others are all Windows 10 Pro) The XPS is my "working" laptop, on which I surf/email/edit videos/etc-etc. The others merely screen-capture online webcams. Because...